Dr. Harris was born in Abu Dhabi, UAE where she completed her schooling, later completing her medical training at Trivandrum Medical College, Kerala, India. This was followed by a move to the United States where she completed an intern year of training at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota and followed by 2 years of internal medicine residency at the University of Missouri, Columbia. She then moved to Dallas where she acquired additional training in Gastroenterology at UT Southwestern. Her clinical interests include pelvic floor disorders, esophageal motility disorders, gastroparesis and IBS and GI disease in women.
- Medical School
- Trivandrum Medical College (2004)
- Mayo Clinic College of Medicine (2007), Internal Medicine
- Other Post Graduate Training
- Mayo Clinic Research (2008), Gastroenterology
- University of Missouri-Columbia School of Medicine (2010), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2013), Gastroenterology/hepatology
- Gastrointestinal (GI) Motility
- Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
- Dyssynergic defecation
- Fecal incontinence
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Splanchnic vein thrombosis in acute pancreatitis: a single-center experience.
- Harris S, Nadkarni NA, Naina HV, Vege SS Pancreas 2013 Nov 42 8 1251-4
- Long-term follow-up of patients with monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance after kidney transplantation.
- Naina HV, Harris S, Dispenzieri A, Cosio FG, Habermann TM, Stegall MD, Dean PG, Prieto M, Kyle RA, Rajkumar SV, Leung N Am. J. Nephrol. 2012 35 4 365-71
- Histoplasmosis and asplenia.
- Naina HV, Thomas CF, Harris S Thorax 2010 Apr 65 4 372
- An innovative model for tuberculosis control: an academic medical center-public health department partnership.
- Varkey P, Harris S, Edmonson L, McCoy K, Aksamit T, Brennan MD Minn Med 2010 Jan 93 1 39-41
- Heartbreaking weight loss.
- Harris S, Naina HV, Beckman TJ Am. J. Gastroenterol. 2009 May 104 5 1322-3
- Bilateral hypochondrial pain.
- Harris S, Naina HV, Hough DM Clin. Gastroenterol. Hepatol. 2008 Dec 6 12 A20
- Harris platelet syndrome--underdiagnosed and unrecognized.
- Naina HV, Harris S Arch. Pathol. Lab. Med. 2008 Oct 132 10 1546; author reply reply 1546
- Cullen's sign revisited.
- Harris S, Naina HV Am. J. Med. 2008 Aug 121 8 682-3
- Clinical images: polymyositis and vasculitis.
- Youse JS, Harris S, Naina HV Arthritis Rheum. 2007 Oct 56 10 3270
- Look, feel, listen or look, listen, feel?
- Harris S, Naina HV, Kuppachi S Am. J. Med. 2007 Feb 120 2 e3
Honors & Awards
- Fellowship2Leadership Award Fellows Program
Salix Group (2013)
- Liver Scholar Resident Travel Award
American Association of Liver Diseases (2008)
- Amerian Gastroenterology Association (2014)
- American College of Gastroenterology (2014)
- American Neurogastroenterology and Motility Society (2014)