Dr. Hussain received her initial internal medicine training in Austin, Texas. Drawn by the opportunity for harmonious integration of clinical medicine, research experience and an academic environment, she completed her endocrinology fellowship at UT Southwestern. Her passion for medical education led her to join the faculty at UTSW. Dr. Hussain has a strong background in clinical medicine, with focus on general endocrinology, pituitary and thyroid disorders. Her clinical practice emphasizes patient-centered care delivered to the highest standards. Dr. Hussain’s interests outside of medicine include spending time with her family, reading, and traveling.
- Medical School
- King Edward Medical University (2008)
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2013), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2015), Endocrinology & Metabolism
- Genetics of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- VISUAL VIGNETTE.
- Flores JF, DeGueme A, Hussain I, Cavuoti D, Gruntmanis U, Gunasekaran U Endocr Pract 2015 Aug
- Extreme hypercholesterolemia presenting with pseudohyponatremia - a case report and review of the literature.
- Hussain I, Ahmad Z, Garg A J Clin Lipidol 2015 Mar-Apr 9 2 260-4
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (2013)
- American Thyroid Association (2013)
- The Endocrine Society (2013)