Originally from southwest Louisiana, I joined the UT Southwestern department of pathology as an assistant professor in July 2010. Since that time, I have served as a general surgical pathologist and as a specialist in both cytopathology and head and neck pathology.
Since April of 2011 it has been my honor to serve as both medical director of cytopathology for Parkland Memorial Hospital and UT Southwestern cytopathology fellowship director. Recently I have been working closely with Parkland Hospital administration to establish ultrasound-guided FNA capability for the cytopathology service.
Since 2013 I have served as a co-investigator developing pH-sensitive nanoprobe technology for use in cancer detection. We hope to eventually use this technology in human patients to better delineate surgical resection margins and to improve detection of occult metastatic lesions.
- Medical School
- LSU Medical Center (2000)
- LSU Medical School (2001), General Surgery
- LSU Medical School (2004), Otolaryngology
- LSU Medical Center (2008), Pathology
- LSU Medical School (2009), Cytopathology
- Comprehensive Immunohistochemical Markers including Prognostic Markers
- Examination of Biopsy
- Pathologic Analysis & Staging
- Cancer detection
- In vivo optical imaging of folate receptor-ß in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma.
- Sun JY, Shen J, Thibodeaux J, Huang G, Wang Y, Gao J, Low PS, Dimitrov DS, Sumer BD Laryngoscope 2014 Aug 124 8 E312-9
- Cervical thoracic duct cyst: Importance of preoperative suspicion for appropriate management of left-sided neck mass.
- Gill MT, Lian TS, Thibodeaux JD, Nathan CA Ear Nose Throat J 2012 Dec 91 12 E13-5
- The value of duplicate slides on atypical squamous cells, cannot exclude high-grade intraepithelial lesion.
- Zhang S, Kelly B, Hospodar E, Thibodeaux J, Thomas J, Abreo F Diagn. Cytopathol. 2012 Jan 40 1 14-8
- Teenage cervical screening in a high risk American population.
- Zhang S, Thomas J, Thibodeaux J, Bhalodia A, Abreo F Cytojournal 2011 8 9
- Skull base osteomyelitis and bisphosphonate use in multiple myeloma: report of two cases and literature review.
- Phillips JM, Thibodeaux JD, Nathan C Laryngoscope 2010 120 Suppl 4 S175
- Follicular dendritic cell sarcoma of the tonsil: a case report and literature review.
- McDuffie C, Lian TS, Thibodeaux J Ear Nose Throat J 2007 Apr 86 4 234-5
Honors & Awards
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- American Society for Cytopathology
- American Society of Clinical Pathology
- College of American Pathologists