|Undergraduate||Union College (1971)|
|Graduate School||University of Rochester (1976)|
- Mechanisms and regulation of intracellular protein degradation
- Mechansms and regulation of muscle growth and atrophy
- Proteasome structure, function, and regulation
- Ubiquitin-proteasome system
- ATP Binding by Proteasomal ATPases Regulates Cellular Assembly and Substrate-induced Functions of the 26 S Proteasome.
- Kim YC, Li X, Thompson D, Demartino GN J. Biol. Chem. 2013 Feb 288 5 3334-45
- C termini of proteasomal ATPases play nonequivalent roles in cellular assembly of Mammalian 26 s proteasome.
- Kim YC, Demartino GN J. Biol. Chem. 2011 Jul 286 30 26652-66
- PSMB8 encoding the ß5i proteasome subunit is mutated in joint contractures, muscle atrophy, microcytic anemia, and panniculitis-induced lipodystrophy syndrome.
- Agarwal AK, Xing C, DeMartino GN, Mizrachi D, Hernandez MD, Sousa AB, Martínez de Villarreal L, dos Santos HG, Garg A Am. J. Hum. Genet. 2010 Dec 87 6 866-72
- The C terminus of Rpt3, an ATPase subunit of PA700 (19 S) regulatory complex, is essential for 26 S proteasome assembly but not for activation.
- Kumar B, Kim YC, DeMartino GN J. Biol. Chem. 2010 Dec 285 50 39523-35
- Differential roles of the COOH termini of AAA subunits of PA700 (19 S regulator) in asymmetric assembly and activation of the 26 S proteasome.
- Gillette TG, Kumar B, Thompson D, Slaughter CA, DeMartino GN J. Biol. Chem. 2008 Nov 283 46 31813-22
- Real-time detection of ERAD substrate retro-translocation in a mammalian in vitro system.
- Wahlman, J, DeMartino, GN, Skach, WR, Bulleid, NJ, Brodsky, JL and Johnson, AE Cell 2007 129 943-955
- ATP binding and ATP hydrolysis play distinct roes in the function of 26S proteasome.
- Liu, C, Li, X, Thompson, D, Wooding, K, Chang, T, Tang, Z, Yu, H, Thomas, PJ, and DeMartino, GN Mol Cell 2006 24 39-50
Honors & Awards
- UT Regents Outstanding Teaching Award
- Distinguished Basic Science Educator Award
UT Southwestern Medical School (2011-2012)
- Visiting Professor
University of Coimbra Medical School, Coimbra, Portugal (2005)
- Leon L. Miller Lecturer
University of Rochester School of Medicine (2003)
- Chair, FASEB Summer Research Conference on Ubiquitin
- The Robert W. Lackey Professorship in Physiology
- Muscular Dystrophy Association Postdoctoral Fellowship
Harvard Medical School (1978-1979)
- NIH Postdoctoral Fellowship
Harvard Medical School (1976-1978)
- Wallace Osgood Fenn Award
University of Rochester School of Medicine (1976)
- American Physiological Society
- American Society for Biological Chemistry and Molecular Biology
- American Society for Cell Biology