Michael Green graduated from Baylor University in 2000 and from the UT Health Science Center at San Antonio in 2004. He completed his pediatric residency at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in 2007. Following his general pediatrics training, he completed his pediatric critical care fellowship at Boston Children’s Hospital in 2010. During his time in Boston, he completed the Program in Clinical Effectiveness at the Harvard School of Public Health in 2008.
He joined the faculty at UT Southwestern in 2010 as an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics. Dr. Green practices in both the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) and the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CVICU) at Children’s Medical Center.
His main interest is in medical education. He collaborates with the Educators in Pediatric Intensive Care (EPIC) research group, which conducts multicenter studies focused on medical education in pediatric critical care. In 2014, he became a co-director of the pediatric critical care fellowship program at UT Southwestern. He also serves as a member of the ethics committee at Children’s Medical Center.
- Medical School
- University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (2004)
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center (2007), Pediatrics
- Children's Hospital Boston (2010), Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
- Global health
- Medical education
- Medical simulation
- Pediatric acute lung injury
- Pediatric cardiac intensive care
- Adrenocortical function in the postoperative pediatric cardiac surgical patient.
- Green ML, Koch J Curr. Opin. Pediatr. 2012 Jun 24 3 285-90
- Electrical activity of the diaphragm during extubation readiness testing in critically ill children.
- Wolf GK, Walsh BK, Green ML, Arnold JH Pediatr Crit Care Med 2010 Nov
- Inhaled anesthetic for life-threatening bronchospasm: is it ready for prime time?
- Walsh BK, Green M Respir Care 2012 Nov 57 11 1982-3
- Electrocardiographic guidance for the placement of gastric feeding tubes: a pediatric case series.
- Green ML, Walsh BK, Wolf GK, Arnold JH Respir Care 2011 Apr 56 4 467-71
The Prone Position in Acute Lung Injury. In Pediatric and Neonatal Mechanical Ventilation: From Basics to Clinical Practice, Rimensberger PC, ed.
Green ML, Curley MAQ, Arnold JH. (2015). Springer
Congenital Cardiac Defects. In Perinatal and Pediatric Respiratory Care (4th edition), Walsh, BK, ed.
Green, ML (2014). Elsevier
- Association of Pediatric Program Directors (2015)
- Society of Critical Care Medicine