- Genetic predisposition to autoimmune conditions in children
- Regulatory polymorphisms in drug metabolizers and personalized genomic medicine
- Role of host genetics in susceptibility to infectious diseases
- Role of regulatory genetic variations in autoimmune diseases
- Primary osteomyelitis caused by hypervirulent Klebsiella pneumoniae.
- Prokesch BC, TeKippe M, Kim J, Raj P, TeKippe EM, Greenberg DE Lancet Infect Dis 2016 Jul
- DNA polymerase-a regulates the activation of type I interferons through cytosolic RNA:DNA synthesis.
- Starokadomskyy P, Gemelli T, Rios JJ, Xing C, Wang RC, Li H, Pokatayev V, Dozmorov I, Khan S, Miyata N, Fraile G, Raj P, Xu Z, Xu Z, Ma L, Lin Z, Wang H, Yang Y, Ben-Amitai D, Orenstein N, Mussaffi H, Baselga E, Tadini G, Grunebaum E, Sarajlija A, Krzewski K, Wakeland EK, Yan N, de la Morena MT, Zinn AR, Burstein E Nat. Immunol. 2016 May 17 5 495-504
- Regulatory polymorphisms modulate the expression of HLA class II molecules and promote autoimmunity.
- Raj P, Rai E, Song R, Khan S, Wakeland BE, Viswanathan K, Arana C, Liang C, Zhang B, Dozmorov I, Carr-Johnson F, Mitrovic M, Wiley GB, Kelly JA, Lauwerys BR, Olsen NJ, Cotsapas C, Garcia CK, Wise CA, Harley JB, Nath SK, James JA, Jacob CO, Tsao BP, Pasare C, Karp DR, Li QZ, Gaffney PM, Wakeland EK Elife 2016 Feb 5
- NOS2A promoter (CCTTT)n association with TB lacks independent functional correlation amongst Indians.
- Jena M, Srivastava AK, Singh RK, Sharma PR, Das PK, Bamezai RN Tuberculosis (Edinb) 2014 Jan 94 1 81-6
- Allelic heterogeneity in NCF2 associated with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) susceptibility across four ethnic populations.
- Kim-Howard X, Sun C, Molineros JE, Maiti AK, Chandru H, Adler A, Wiley GB, Kaufman KM, Kottyan L, Guthridge JM, Rasmussen A, Kelly J, Sánchez E, Raj P, Li QZ, Bang SY, Lee HS, Kim TH, Kang YM, Suh CH, Chung WT, Park YB, Choe JY, Shim SC, Lee SS, Han BG, Olsen NJ, Karp DR, Moser K, Pons-Estel BA, Wakeland EK, James JA, Harley JB, Bae SC, Gaffney PM, Alarcón-Riquelme M, Looger LL, Nath SK Hum. Mol. Genet. 2013 Oct
- Genetic polymorphisms of CCL2, CCL5, CCR2 and CCR5 genes in Sahariya tribe of North Central India: an association study with pulmonary tuberculosis.
- Mishra G, Poojary SS, Raj P, Tiwari PK Infect. Genet. Evol. 2012 Jul 12 5 1120-7
- Prevalence of smear-positive pulmonary tuberculosis in different ethnic groups in India: evaluation of public health.
- Raj P, Prakash R, Mishra G, Singh TD, Poojary S, Mehra NK, Tiwari PK Public Health 2012 Apr 126 4 295-9
- DAZL 260A > G and MTHFR 677C > T variants in sperm DNA of infertile Indian men.
- Kumar K, Venkatesh S, Sharma PR, Tiwari PK, Dada R Indian J. Biochem. Biophys. 2011 Dec 48 6 422-6
- Coding and non-coding polymorphisms in VDR gene and susceptibility to pulmonary tuberculosis in tribes, castes and Muslims of Central India.
- Sharma PR, Singh S, Jena M, Mishra G, Prakash R, Das PK, Bamezai RN, Tiwari PK Infect. Genet. Evol. 2011 Aug 11 6 1456-61
- Y chromosome diversity among the Iranian religious groups: a reservoir of genetic variation.
- Lashgary Z, Khodadadi A, Singh Y, Houshmand SM, Mahjoubi F, Sharma P, Singh S, Seyedin M, Srivastava A, Ataee M, Mohammadi ZS, Rezaei N, Bamezai RN, Sanati MH Ann. Hum. Biol. 2011 May 38 3 364-71
Genetic diversity in Indian populations: Implications for genetic susceptibility and mapping of complex genetic diseases. In Recent Trends in Biotechnology
Raj P. & P K Tiwari. (2010). New York, ) NOVA publisher, New York
Honors & Awards
- Best Poster award
Immunology symposium, Department of Immunology symposium UTSW, Dallas, Texas, USA (2012)
- Young Scientist Award
Madhya Pradesh Council of Science & Technology (MPCST), India (2009)
- Best Poster award
International conference of Medical and Community Genetics at Department of Hematology, India (2008)
- Travel award from CSIR and DBT, India
57th Annual Meeting of American Society of Human Genetics (2007)
- University Topper Research Scholarship, University Grant Commission (UGC)
Jiwaji University, Gwalior, M. P. India (2004-2006)
- American Association of Immunologists (AAI) (2013)
- American Society of Human Genetics (ASHG) (2007)
- Indian Society of Human Genetics (ISHG) (2006)