Dr. Cullum is a Clinical Neuropsychologist who specializes in the assessment of cognitive disorders. He is board-certified in Clinical Neuropsychology (ABPP/ABCN) and directs the Neuropsychology Program at UT Southwestern. Dr. Cullum also serves as the Chief of the Division of Psychology and is actively involved in research, teaching, and clinical practice in neuropsychology. His research includes investigations into cognitive dysfunction in aging and dementia, psychosis, depression, epilepsy, and head injury, including sports concussion. His lab is actively involved in new cognitive test development and in telemedicine applications of neuropsychology.
|Graduate School||University of Texas at Austin (1986), Psychology|
- Clinical Neuropsychology
- Cognitive test development
- Dementia and Memory disorders
- Neuropsychological functioning in neuropsychiatric disorders
- Telemedicine applications in neuropsychology
- Traumatic brain injury and sports concussion
- A total score for the CERAD neuropsychological battery
- Chandler, M.J., Lacritz, L.H., Hynan, L.S., Barnard, H.D., Allen, G., Deschner, M., Weiner, M.F., & Cullum, C.M. Neurology 2005 12 102-106
- Quantitative and qualitative interpretation of neuropsychological data in the assessment of temporal lobectomy candidates
- Ogden-Epker, M., & Cullum, C.M. . The Clinical Neuropsychologist 2001 15 183-195
- A performance-based instrument to assess functional capacity in dementia: The Texas functional living scale
- Cullum, C.M., Saine, K., Chan, L.D., Martin-Cook, K., Gray, K., & Weiner, M.F. Neuropsychiatry, Neuropsychology, and Behavioral Neurology 2001 14 103-108
- Episodic memory function in advanced aging and early Alzheimer’s Disease
- Cullum, C.M., Filley, C.M., & Kozora, E. Journal of The International Neuropsychological Society 1995 1 100-103
- Neuroimaging of Cognitive Dysfunction and Depression in Aging Retired National Football League Players: A Cross-sectional Study.
- Hart J, Kraut MA, Womack KB, Strain J, Didehbani N, Bartz E, Conover H, Mansinghani S, Lu H, Cullum CM JAMA Neurol 2013 Jan 1-10
- Motor symptoms at onset of Parkinson disease and risk for cognitive impairment and depression.
- Dewey RB, Taneja A, McClintock SM, Cullum CM, Dewey RB, Bernstein I, Husain MM Cogn Behav Neurol 2012 Sep 25 3 115-20
- Three approaches to investigating functional compromise to the default mode network after traumatic axonal injury.
- Arenivas A, Diaz-Arrastia R, Spence J, Cullum CM, Krishnan K, Bosworth C, Culver C, Kennard B, Marquez de la Plata C Brain Imaging Behav 2012 Jul
- Donepezil effects on hippocampal and prefrontal functional connectivity in Alzheimer's disease: preliminary report.
- Zaidel L, Allen G, Cullum CM, Briggs RW, Hynan LS, Weiner MF, McColl R, Gopinath KS, McDonald E, Rubin CD J. Alzheimers Dis. 2012 31 Suppl 3 S221-6
- Point and interval estimates of percentile ranks for scores on the Texas Functional Living Scale.
- Crawford JR, Cullum CM, Garthwaite PH, Lycett E, Allsopp KJ Clin Neuropsychol 2012 26 7 1154-65
- Initial practice recommendations for teleneuropsychology.
- Grosch MC, Gottlieb MC, Cullum CM Clin Neuropsychol 2011 Oct 25 7 1119-33
Mild brain injury: A Clinician's Guide
Raymond, M., Bennett, T.L., Hartlage, L., & Cullum, C.M. (1999). Plenum Press
Introduction to Clinical Neuropsychology
Naugle, R.I., Cullum, C.M., & Bigler, E.D. (1998). Austin, TX, Pro-Ed
Honors & Awards
- President, American Psychological Association, Neuropsychology Division (40)
- Board of Governors, International Neuropsychological Society
- Honored Mentor Award
National Academy of Neuropsychology (2012)
- Member at Large, American Psychological Association, Division of Clinical Neuropsychology
- Board of Directors, American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology
- Pam Blumenthal Distinguished Professorship
Distinguished Professorship in Psychology (2003)
American Psychological Association (Divisions 40 & 12) (1999)
- President, National Academy of Neuropsychology
- Ornish Award
Alzheimer Disease Research (1998)
National Academy of Neuropsychology (1992)
- Sports Neuropsychology Society (2012)
- Society of Clinical Psychology (Division 12 of APA) (2000)
- Clinical Neuropsychology Division, APA (Division 40) (1982)
- American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology
- American Psychological Association
- International Neuropsychological Society
- National Academy of Neuropsychology
- Texas Psychological Association