Jason Park, MD, PhD, FCAP is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Pathology at UT Southwestern Medical School. He is the Medical Director of the Advanced Diagnostics Laboratory at the Children’s Medical Center Dallas. He trained in a combined MD and PhD program at Thomas Jefferson University and was a pathology resident and chief resident in the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. After residency, he was a clinical fellow in gastrointestinal and liver pathology at Johns Hopkins Hospital. He has published over fifty journal articles and book chapters. He has 11 issued U.S. patents and 2 pending U.S. patent applications. His clinical and research interests are in the development of clinical laboratory technologies with a focus on gastrointestinal and pediatric diseases.
|Medical School||Jefferson Medical College (2003)|
|Residency||University of Pennsylvania Medical Center (2008), Pathology/lab Medicine|
|Fellowship||Johns Hopkins School of Medicine (2009), Gastrointestinal & Liver Pathology|
Diagnosis of Gastrointestinal Cancer (Gastrointestinal/Liver Pathology)
- Examination of Biopsy, Polypectomy & Resection Specimens
- Histopathologic Diagnosis of Gastrointestinal Cancers & Precursor Lesions
- Molecular Genetic Testing
- Pathologic Analysis & Staging
- Clinical next generation sequencing
- Helicobacter pylori antibiotic resistance
- In vivo imaging by optical methods
- Clinical Genomics: When Whole Genome Sequencing Is Like a Whole-Body CT Scan.
- Park JY, Kricka LJ, Clark P, Londin E, Fortina P Clin. Chem. 2014 Aug
- Diagnostic yield of clinical next-generation sequencing panels for epilepsy.
- Wang J, Gotway G, Pascual JM, Park JY JAMA Neurol 2014 May 71 5 650-1
- Red-shifted emission from 1,2-dioxetane-based chemiluminescent reactions.
- Park JY, Gunpat J, Liu L, Edwards B, Christie A, Xie XJ, Kricka LJ, Mason RP Luminescence 2014 Apr
- Next-generation sequencing in the clinic.
- Park JY, Kricka LJ, Fortina P Nat. Biotechnol. 2013 Nov 31 11 990-2
- Genomic Test Validation for Incidental Findings.
- Park JY, Fortina P, Kricka LJ Clin. Chem. 2013 Jul
- The Future of Laboratory Medicine - A 2014 Perspective.
- Kricka LJ, Polsky TG, Park JY, Fortina P Clin. Chim. Acta 2014 Sep
- Triheptanoin for Glucose Transporter Type I Deficiency (G1D): Modulation of Human Ictogenesis, Cerebral Metabolic Rate, and Cognitive Indices by a Food Supplement.
- Pascual JM, Liu P, Mao D, Kelly DI, Hernandez A, Sheng M, Good LB, Ma Q, Marin-Valencia I, Zhang X, Park JY, Hynan LS, Stavinoha P, Roe CR, Lu H JAMA Neurol 2014 Aug
- Novel Helicobacter pylori Sequencing Test Identifies High Rate of Clarithromycin Resistance.
- Mitui M, Patel A, Leos NK, Doern CD, Park JY J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2014 Jul 59 1 6-9
- ß-Globin Gene Sequencing of Hemoglobin Austin Revises the Historically Reported Electrophoretic Migration Pattern.
- Racsa LD, Luu HS, Park JY, Mitui M, Timmons CF Arch. Pathol. Lab. Med. 2014 Jun 138 6 819-822
- Clinical Significance of Isolated Cytomegalovirus-Infected Gastrointestinal Cells.
- Yan Z, Wang L, Dennis J, Doern C, Baker J, Park JY Int. J. Surg. Pathol. 2014 Jun
Role of nano- and microtechnologies in clinical point-of-care testing. In Handbook of digital homecare
Park JY, Kricka LJ. (2009). Berlin and Heidelberg, Springer-Verlag
Optical Techniques. In Tietz fundamentals of clinical chemistry, 6th edition
Kricka LJ, Park JY. (2007). St. Louis, Missouri, Saunders/Elsevier
Beyond microtechnology: Nanotechnology in molecular diagnostics. In Integrated biochips for DNA analysis
Fortina P, Wang J, Surrey S, Park JY, Kricka LJ. (2007). Austin, TX, Landes Bioscience
Epithelial neoplasms of the stomach. In Foundations in diagnostic pathology: Gastrointestinal and liver pathology, 2nd edition
Park JY, Fenton HH, Lewin MR, Dilworth HP. (2011). Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier
Miniaturized analytical devices based on chemiluminescence, bioluminescence and electrochemiluminescence. In Analytical chemiluminescence and bioluminescence: Past, present and future
Kricka LJ, Park JY. (2011). Cambridge, United Kingdom, Royal Society of Chemistry
Optical techniques. In Tietz textbook of clinical chemistry and molecular diagnostics, 5th edition
Kricka LJ, Park JY (2012). St. Louis, Saunders/Elsevier
Immunochemical techniques. In Tietz textbook of clinical chemistry and molecular diagnostics, 5th edition
Kricka LJ, Park JY (2012). St Louis, Saunders/Elsevier
Interferences in Immunoassay. In The immunoassay handbook, 4th edition
Park JY, Kricka LJ (2013). Waltham, Elsevier
Honors & Awards
- John H. Yardley Fellowship
Johns Hopkins Hospital (2008)
- Paul E. Strandjord Young Investigator Award
Academy of Clinical Laboratory Physicians and Scientists (2005)
- William Pepper Fellowship
Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (2005)
- American Association for Clinical Chemistry
- College of American Pathologists
- United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology