Jason Park, MD, PhD, FCAP is an Associate Professor in the Department of Pathology and the Eugene McDermott Center for Human Growth and Development at UT Southwestern Medical School. He is the Medical Director of the Advanced Diagnostics Laboratory at Children’s Health, Children's Medical Center Dallas. Dr. Park's clinical and research interests are in genomic medicine, gastrointestinal diseases, and clinical informatics. He is the author/co-author of over 150 journal articles, book chapters and abstracts. He serves as the Co-Editor of Reviews for Clinical Chemistry and is an Associate Editor for Laboratory Investigation. He is a member of the Editorial Board of Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine. His research has resulted in 13 issued U.S. patents on cancer diagnostics, cancer therapeutics and nanotechnology.
Dr. Park trained in a combined MD and PhD program at Thomas Jefferson University and was a pathology resident and chief resident in the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. After residency, he was a clinical fellow in gastrointestinal and liver pathology at the Johns Hopkins Hospital. He is certified by the American Board of Pathology (clinical informatics, clinical pathology and anatomic pathology) as well as the American Board of Clinical Chemistry (molecular diagnostics).
- Medical School
- Jefferson Medical College (2003)
- University of Pennsylvania Medical Center (2008), Pathology/lab Medicine
- Johns Hopkins School of Medicine (2009), Gastrointestinal & Liver Pathology
- Examination of Biopsy, Polypectomy & Resection Specimens
- Histopathologic Diagnosis of Gastrointestinal Cancers & Precursor Lesions
- Molecular Genetic Testing
- Pathologic Analysis & Staging
- Clinical Informatics
- Genomic medicine
- Helicobacter pylori antibiotic resistance
- Pediatric gastrointestinal pathology
- One hundred years of clinical laboratory automation: 1967-2067.
- Park JY, Kricka LJ Clin. Biochem. 2017 Mar
- Precision Medicine in Gastrointestinal Pathology.
- Wang DH, Park JY Arch. Pathol. Lab. Med. 2016 May 140 5 449-60
- Licensure in the Era of Genomic Medicine.
- Park JY, Leung ST, Wang J Arch. Pathol. Lab. Med. 2016 May
- Multi-Institutional FASTQ File Exchange as a Means of Proficiency Testing for Next-Generation Sequencing Bioinformatics and Variant Interpretation.
- Davies KD, Farooqi MS, Gruidl M, Hill CE, Woolworth-Hirschhorn J, Jones H, Jones KL, Magliocco A, Mitui M, O'Neill PH, O'Rourke R, Patel NM, Qin D, Ramos E, Rossi MR, Schneider TM, Smith GH, Zhang L, Park JY, Aisner DL J Mol Diagn 2016 May
- High Concentration Capture Probes Enhance Massively Parallel Sequencing Assays.
- Farooqi MS, Mitui M, Londin ER, Park JY Clin. Chem. 2016 May
- Troponin Autoantibodies: From Assay Interferent to Mediator of Cardiotoxicity.
- Park JY, Jaffe AS Clin. Chem. 2016 Nov
- EGFR Exon 20 Insertion/Duplication Mutations Characterize Fibrous Hamartoma of Infancy.
- Park JY, Cohen C, Lopez D, Ramos E, Wagenfuehr J, Rakheja D Am. J. Surg. Pathol. 2016 Sep
- Nanostructured luminescently labeled nucleic acids.
- Kricka LJ, Fortina P, Park JY Luminescence 2016 Jul
- Investigation of Linezolid Resistance in Staphylococci and Enterococci.
- Doern CD, Park JY, Gallegos M, Alspaugh D, Burnham CA J. Clin. Microbiol. 2016 Mar
- Significance of Paneth Cells in Histologically Unremarkable Rectal Mucosa.
- Pezhouh MK, Cheng E, Weinberg AG, Park JY Am. J. Surg. Pathol. 2016 Feb
Role of nano- and microtechnologies in clinical point-of-care testing. In Handbook of digital homecare
Park JY, Kricka LJ (2009). Berlin and Heidelberg, Springer-Verlag
Optical Techniques. In Tietz fundamentals of clinical chemistry, 6th edition
Kricka LJ, Park JY (2007). St. Louis, Saunders/Elsevier
Beyond microtechnology: Nanotechnology in molecular diagnostics. In Integrated biochips for DNA analysis
Fortina P, Wang J, Surrey S, Park JY, Kricka LJ (2007). Austin, TX, Landes Bioscience
Epithelial neoplasms of the stomach. In Foundations in diagnostic pathology: Gastrointestinal and liver pathology, 2nd edition
Park JY, Fenton HH, Lewin MR, Dilworth HP (2011). Philadelphia, Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier
Miniaturized analytical devices based on chemiluminescence, bioluminescence and electrochemiluminescence. In Analytical chemiluminescence and bioluminescence: Past, present and future
Kricka LJ, Park JY (2011). Cambridge, United Kingdom, Royal Society of Chemistry
Optical techniques. In Tietz textbook of clinical chemistry and molecular diagnostics, 5th edition
Kricka LJ, Park JY (2012). St. Louis, Saunders/Elsevier
Immunochemical techniques. In Tietz textbook of clinical chemistry and molecular diagnostics, 5th edition
Kricka LJ, Park JY (2012). St Louis, Saunders/Elsevier
Interferences in immunoassay. In The immunoassay handbook, 4th edition
Park JY, Kricka LJ (2013). Waltham, Elsevier
Assay principles in clinical pathology. In Pathobiology of human disease: A dynamic encyclopedia of disease mechanisms, 1st edition
Kricka LJ, Park JY (2014). St Louis, Elsevier
Optical techniques. In Tietz fundamentals of clinical chemistry and molecular diagnostics, 7th edition
Kricka LJ, Park JY (2015). St Louis, Saunders/Elsevier
Immunochemical techniques. In Tietz fundamentals of clinical chemistry and molecular diagnostics, 7th edition
Kricka LJ, Park JY (2015). St Louis, Saunders/Elsevier
Honors & Awards
- John H. Yardley Fellowship
Johns Hopkins Hospital (2008)
- Paul E. Strandjord Young Investigator Award
Academy of Clinical Laboratory Physicians and Scientists (2005)
- William Pepper Fellowship
Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (2005)
- American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics (2011)
- American Association for Clinical Chemistry (2005)
- College of American Pathologists (2004)