Jason Park, MD, PhD, FCAP is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Pathology and the Eugene McDermott Center for Human Growth and Development at UT Southwestern Medical School. He is the Medical Director of the Advanced Diagnostics Laboratory at Children’s Health Dallas. Dr. Park's clinical and research interests are in gastrointestinal diseases and genomic medicine. He is the author/co-author of over 100 journal articles, book chapters and abstracts. He serves as a member of the Editorial Boards of Clinical Chemistry and Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine. His research has resulted in 12 issued U.S. patents on cancer diagnostics, cancer therapeutics and nanotechnology.
Dr. Park trained in a combined MD and PhD program at Thomas Jefferson University and was a pathology resident and chief resident in the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. After residency, he was a clinical fellow in gastrointestinal and liver pathology at the Johns Hopkins Hospital.
|Medical School||Jefferson Medical College (2003)|
|Residency||University of Pennsylvania Medical Center (2008), Pathology/lab Medicine|
|Fellowship||Johns Hopkins School of Medicine (2009), Gastrointestinal & Liver Pathology|
Diagnosis of Gastrointestinal Cancer (Gastrointestinal/Liver Pathology)
- Examination of Biopsy, Polypectomy & Resection Specimens
- Histopathologic Diagnosis of Gastrointestinal Cancers & Precursor Lesions
- Molecular Genetic Testing
- Pathologic Analysis & Staging
- Genomic medicine
- Helicobacter pylori antibiotic resistance
- Pediatric gastrointestinal pathology
- Intersection of DNA Privacy and Whole-Genome Sequencing.
- Hong C, Wang J, Xing C, Hwang TH, Park JY Clin. Chem. 2015 Feb
- Clinical Exome Performance for Reporting Secondary Genetic Findings.
- Park JY, Clark P, Londin E, Sponziello M, Kricka LJ, Fortina P Clin. Chem. 2014 Nov
- Clinical Genomics: When Whole Genome Sequencing Is Like a Whole-Body CT Scan.
- Park JY, Kricka LJ, Clark P, Londin E, Fortina P Clin. Chem. 2014 Aug
- Diagnostic yield of clinical next-generation sequencing panels for epilepsy.
- Wang J, Gotway G, Pascual JM, Park JY JAMA Neurol 2014 May 71 5 650-1
- Human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 testing in gastric and gastroesophageal junction adenocarcinomas: role of the gastroenterologist.
- Park JY, Dunbar KB, Vemulapalli R, Wang DH, Zhang PJ Gastrointest. Endosc. 2015 Apr 81 4 977-82
- A Comparative Clinicopathologic Study of Collagenous Gastritis in Children and Adults: The Same Disorder With Associated Immune-mediated Diseases.
- Ma C, Park JY, Montgomery EA, Arnold CA, McDonald OG, Liu TC, Salaria SN, Limketkai BN, McGrath KM, Musahl T, Singhi AD Am. J. Surg. Pathol. 2015 Apr
- Sevelamer-Induced Colitis Presenting as a Pseudotumor.
- Okwara C, Choi C, Park J Clin. Gastroenterol. Hepatol. 2015 Feb
- The Future of Laboratory Medicine - A 2014 Perspective.
- Kricka LJ, Polsky TG, Park JY, Fortina P Clin. Chim. Acta 2014 Sep
- Triheptanoin for Glucose Transporter Type I Deficiency (G1D): Modulation of Human Ictogenesis, Cerebral Metabolic Rate, and Cognitive Indices by a Food Supplement.
- Pascual JM, Liu P, Mao D, Kelly DI, Hernandez A, Sheng M, Good LB, Ma Q, Marin-Valencia I, Zhang X, Park JY, Hynan LS, Stavinoha P, Roe CR, Lu H JAMA Neurol 2014 Aug
- Novel Helicobacter pylori Sequencing Test Identifies High Rate of Clarithromycin Resistance.
- Mitui M, Patel A, Leos NK, Doern CD, Park JY J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2014 Jul 59 1 6-9
Role of nano- and microtechnologies in clinical point-of-care testing. In Handbook of digital homecare
Park JY, Kricka LJ. (2009). Berlin and Heidelberg, Springer-Verlag
Optical Techniques. In Tietz fundamentals of clinical chemistry, 6th edition
Kricka LJ, Park JY. (2007). St. Louis, Missouri, Saunders/Elsevier
Beyond microtechnology: Nanotechnology in molecular diagnostics. In Integrated biochips for DNA analysis
Fortina P, Wang J, Surrey S, Park JY, Kricka LJ. (2007). Austin, TX, Landes Bioscience
Epithelial neoplasms of the stomach. In Foundations in diagnostic pathology: Gastrointestinal and liver pathology, 2nd edition
Park JY, Fenton HH, Lewin MR, Dilworth HP. (2011). Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier
Miniaturized analytical devices based on chemiluminescence, bioluminescence and electrochemiluminescence. In Analytical chemiluminescence and bioluminescence: Past, present and future
Kricka LJ, Park JY. (2011). Cambridge, United Kingdom, Royal Society of Chemistry
Optical techniques. In Tietz textbook of clinical chemistry and molecular diagnostics, 5th edition
Kricka LJ, Park JY (2012). St. Louis, Saunders/Elsevier
Immunochemical techniques. In Tietz textbook of clinical chemistry and molecular diagnostics, 5th edition
Kricka LJ, Park JY (2012). St Louis, Saunders/Elsevier
Interferences in Immunoassay. In The immunoassay handbook, 4th edition
Park JY, Kricka LJ (2013). Waltham, Elsevier
Honors & Awards
- John H. Yardley Fellowship
Johns Hopkins Hospital (2008)
- Paul E. Strandjord Young Investigator Award
Academy of Clinical Laboratory Physicians and Scientists (2005)
- William Pepper Fellowship
Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (2005)
- American Association for Clinical Chemistry
- College of American Pathologists
- United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology