Dr. David R. Corey was born in Cambridge. Mass., August 13, 1963. He received his BA degree in Chemistry from Harvard University in 1985, and his PhD in Chemistry from the University of California at Berkeley in 1990. He completed postdoctoral training with Dr. Charles Craik in the Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry at the University of California at San Francisco (1990-1992). In 1992 Dr. Corey joined the faculty of the Department of Pharmacology at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas as an Assistant Professor. In 1996 Dr. Corey received a secondary appointment to the Department of Biochemistry, and in 1998 he was promoted to Associate Professor and to Full Professor in 2003.
- Harvard University , Chemistry
- Graduate School
- University of California-Berkeley (1990)
- antigene oligonucleotides
- antisense oligonucleotides
- Nucleic acids
- RNAi Factors Are Present and Active in Human Cell Nuclei.
- Gagnon KT, Li L, Chu Y, Janowski BA, Corey DR Cell Rep 2014 Jan 6 1 211-21
- Promoter RNA links transcriptional regulation of inflammatory pathway genes.
- Matsui M, Chu Y, Zhang H, Gagnon KT, Shaikh S, Kuchimanchi S, Manoharan M, Corey DR, Janowski BA Nucleic Acids Res. 2013 Sep
- Single-stranded RNAs use RNAi to potently and allele-selectively inhibit mutant huntingtin expression.
- Yu D, Pendergraff H, Liu J, Kordasiewicz HB, Cleveland DW, Swayze EE, Lima WF, Crooke ST, Prakash TP, Corey DR Cell 2012 Aug 150 5 895-908
- Expanding the action of duplex RNAs into the nucleus: redirecting alternative splicing.
- Liu J, Hu J, Corey DR Nucleic Acids Res. 2012 Feb 40 3 1240-50
- Regulation of transcription by small RNAs complementary to sequences downstream from the 3? termini of genes.
- Yue, X., Schwartz, J. C., Younger, S. T., Chu, Y., Gagnon, K.T., Elbashir, S., Janowski, B. A., Corey, D. R. Nature Chemical Biology Summer 2010 6 621-629
- Inhibition of mutant huntingtin expression by targeting mutant RNA structure.
- Hu, J., Matsui, M., Gagnon, K. T., Schwartz, J. C., Gabillet, S., Arar, K., Wu, J., Bezprozvanny, I., and Corey, D. R. Nature Biotechnology Summer 2009 27 478-484
- Antisense transcripts are targets for small activating RNAs
- Schwartz, J. C., Younger, S. T., Nguyen, N-B., Hardy, D. B., Corey, D. R., and Janowski, B. A. Nature Structural and Molecular Biology 2008 8/15 842-849
- Inhibiting transcription of chromosomal DNA using antigene peptide nucleic acids.
- Janowski, B. A., Kaihatsu, K., Huffman, K. E., Schwartz, J. C., Ram, R., Hardy, D., Mendelson, C. R., and Corey D. R. Nature Chemical Biology Summer 2005 1 210-215
- Allele-Selective Inhibition of Expression of Huntingtin and Ataxin-3 by RNA Duplexes Containing Unlocked Nucleic Acid Substitutions.
- Aiba Y, Hu J, Liu J, Xiang Q, Martinez C, Corey DR Biochemistry 2013 Nov
- ss-siRNAs allele selectively inhibit ataxin-3 expression: multiple mechanisms for an alternative gene silencing strategy.
- Liu J, Yu D, Aiba Y, Pendergraff H, Swayze EE, Lima WF, Hu J, Prakash TP, Corey DR Nucleic Acids Res. 2013 Aug
Honors & Awards
- Excellence Postdoctoral Mentoring Award
- McKnight Neuroscience Award
- Welch Lectueship
- CaP Cure Research Award
- Damon Runyon Postdoctoral Fellowship
- American Cancer Society
- American Chemical Society
- American Society of Pharmacology & Experimental Therapeutics