Melanie Cobb received her undergraduate degree in biochemistry from the University of Chicago and her PhD in biological chemistry from Washington University in St. Louis in the laboratory of Garland Marshall. Following postdoctoral work with Ora Rosen at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York, she joined the Department of Pharmacology at UT Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas where she is currently a Professor and the holder of the Jane and Bill Browning, Jr Chair in Medical Science. Her interests are in cellular regulatory mechanisms.
|Graduate School||Washington University (1976)|
- cancer biology
- protein kinase structure/function
- regulation of nutrient responses
- signal transduction mechanisms
- vesicular trafficking
- Actions of the protein kinase WNK1 on endothelial cells are differentially mediated by its substrate kinases OSR1 and SPAK.
- Dbouk HA, Weil LM, Perera GK, Dellinger MT, Pearson G, Brekken RA, Cobb MH Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2014 Nov 111 45 15999-6004
- Menin determines K-RAS proliferative outputs in endocrine cells.
- Chamberlain CE, Scheel DW, McGlynn K, Kim H, Miyatsuka T, Wang J, Nguyen V, Zhao S, Mavropoulos A, Abraham AG, O'Neill E, Ku GM, Cobb MH, Martin GR, German MS J. Clin. Invest. 2014 Aug
- Muscarinic Control of MIN6 Pancreatic ß Cells Is Enhanced by Impaired Amino Acid Signaling.
- Guerra ML, Wauson EM, McGlynn K, Cobb MH J. Biol. Chem. 2014 Apr
- Chloride Sensing by WNK1 Involves Inhibition of Autophosphorylation.
- Piala AT, Moon TM, Akella R, He H, Cobb MH, Goldsmith EJ Sci Signal 2014 7 324 ra41
- Protein kinase WNK3 regulates the neuronal splicing factor Fox-1.
- Lee AY, Chen W, Stippec S, Self J, Yang F, Ding X, Chen S, Juang YC, Cobb MH Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2012 Oct 109 42 16841-6
- The G Protein-Coupled Taste Receptor T1R1/T1R3 Regulates mTORC1 and Autophagy.
- Wauson EM, Zaganjor E, Lee AY, Guerra ML, Ghosh AB, Bookout AL, Chambers CP, Jivan A, McGlynn K, Hutchison MR, Deberardinis RJ, Cobb MH Mol. Cell 2012 Sep 47 6 851-62
- WNK 1 is required for mitosis and abscission.
- S-W. Tu, K. Luby-Phelps and M.H. Cobb. Proc. Natl, Acad. Sci. USA 2011 108 1385-1390
- Calcineurin increases glucose activation of ERK1/2 by reversing negative feedback.
- L. Duan and M.H. Cobb. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 2010 107 22314-22319
- ASCL1 is a lineage oncogene providing therapeutic targets for high-grade neuroendocrine lung cancers.
- Augustyn A, Borromeo M, Wang T, Fujimoto J, Shao C, Dospoy PD, Lee V, Tan C, Sullivan JP, Larsen JE, Girard L, Behrens C, Wistuba II, Xie Y, Cobb MH, Gazdar AF, Johnson JE, Minna JD Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2014 Sep
- Ras transformation uncouples the kinesin-coordinated cellular nutrient response.
- Zaganjor E, Weil LM, Gonzales JX, Minna JD, Cobb MH Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2014 Jul 111 29 10568-73