Melanie Cobb received her undergraduate degree in biochemistry from the University of Chicago and her PhD in biological chemistry from Washington University in St. Louis in the laboratory of Garland Marshall. Following postdoctoral work with Ora Rosen at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York, she joined the Department of Pharmacology at UT Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas where she is currently a Professor and the holder of the Jane and Bill Browning, Jr Chair in Medical Science. Her interests are in cellular regulatory mechanisms.
- Graduate School
- Washington University (1976)
- cancer biology
- protein kinase structure/function
- regulation of nutrient responses
- signal transduction mechanisms
- vesicular trafficking
- Multistep regulation of autophagy by WNK1.
- Gallolu Kankanamalage S, Lee AY, Wichaidit C, Lorente-Rodriguez A, Shah AM, Stippec S, Whitehurst AW, Cobb MH Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2016 Dec 113 50 14342-14347
- Chemoattractant concentration-dependent tuning of ERK signaling dynamics in migrating neutrophils.
- Zhang ER, Liu S, Wu LF, Altschuler SJ, Cobb MH Sci Signal 2016 Dec 9 458 ra122
- Insulin promoter-driven Gaussia luciferase-based insulin secretion biosensor assay for discovery of ß-cell glucose-sensing pathways.
- Kalwat MA, Wichaidit C, Nava Garcia AY, McCoy MK, McGlynn K, Hwang IH, MacMillan JB, Posner BA, Cobb MH ACS Sens 2016 Oct 1 10 1208-1212
- ASCL1 and NEUROD1 Reveal Heterogeneity in Pulmonary Neuroendocrine Tumors and Regulate Distinct Genetic Programs.
- Borromeo MD, Savage TK, Kollipara RK, He M, Augustyn A, Osborne JK, Girard L, Minna JD, Gazdar AF, Cobb MH, Johnson JE Cell Rep 2016 Jul
- Phosphorylation or Mutation of the ERK2 Activation Loop Alters Oligonucleotide Binding.
- McReynolds AC, Karra AS, Li Y, Lopez ED, Turjanski AG, Dioum E, Lorenz K, Zaganjor E, Stippec S, McGlynn K, Earnest S, Cobb MH Biochemistry 2016 Mar 55 12 1909-17
- Isoxazole Alters Metabolites and Gene Expression, Decreasing Proliferation and Promoting a Neuroendocrine Phenotype in ß-Cells.
- Kalwat MA, Huang Z, Wichaidit C, McGlynn K, Earnest S, Savoia C, Dioum EM, Schneider JW, Hutchison MR, Cobb MH ACS Chem. Biol. 2016 Feb
- Differential Regulation of ERK1/2 and mTORC1 Through T1R1/T1R3 in MIN6 Cells.
- Wauson EM, Guerra ML, Dyachok J, McGlynn K, Giles J, Ross EM, Cobb MH Mol. Endocrinol. 2015 Aug 29 8 1114-1122
- The domain-swapping switch point in Ste20 protein kinase SPAK.
- Taylor CA, Juang YC, Earnest S, Sengupta S, Goldsmith EJ, Cobb MH Biochemistry 2015 Jul
- Actions of the protein kinase WNK1 on endothelial cells are differentially mediated by its substrate kinases OSR1 and SPAK.
- Dbouk HA, Weil LM, Perera GK, Dellinger MT, Pearson G, Brekken RA, Cobb MH Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2014 Nov 111 45 15999-6004
- Menin determines K-RAS proliferative outputs in endocrine cells.
- Chamberlain CE, Scheel DW, McGlynn K, Kim H, Miyatsuka T, Wang J, Nguyen V, Zhao S, Mavropoulos A, Abraham AG, O'Neill E, Ku GM, Cobb MH, Martin GR, German MS J. Clin. Invest. 2014 Aug