Dr. Gibbin is a non-invasive Pediatric Cardiologist with expertise in Fetal echo, echo and community clinic expansion and development. Her greatest strengths are in new patient recruitment and program development. She has expertise in Acquired Congenital Heart Defects, Preventive Cardiology and evaluation of athletes for cardiac clearance. I am active in teaching at the resident, cardiac fellow, local and National level in Pediatric cardiology and Fetal Cardiology.
|Medical School||Virginia Commonwealth University (1976)|
|Internship||Georgetown University Hospital (1978), Pediatrics|
|Residency||Emory Univ School of Medicine - Pediatrics (1980), Pediatrics|
|Fellowship||Children's National Medical Center (1991), Pediatric Cardiology|
- Adolescent Cardiology
- Kawasaki Disease
- Lipid Disorders
- Marfan's Syndrome
- RV:LV disproportion in the fetus
- Abdominal wall defects and congenital heart disease.
- Gibbin, Touch, Broth and Bergella Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. April 2003 4/21 334-337.
Honors & Awards
- Legion of Merit
- Navy Meritorious Service Medal
- Navy Commendation Medal
- Navy Achievement Medal
- 1980-2000: U.S. Navy (MD), Honorable Discharge
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
- American College of Cardiology (ACC)
- American Heart Association (AHA)
- American society of Echocardiography (ASE)
- Society of Pediatric Echocardiography