1986-1991 Graduate Student with Dr. Simon Kwok, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Kansas Medical Center
1991-1996 Postdoctoral Fellow with Dr. Joseph Besharse, Department of Anatomy & Cell Biology, University of Kansas Medical Center
1996-1997 Research Assistant Professor, Department of Anatomy & Cell Biology, University of Kansas Medical Center
1997-2003 Assistant Professor, Department of Biology, University of Virginia
2003-2007 Associate Professor, Department of Biology, University of Virginia
2007-2009 Professor, Department of Biology, University of Virginia
2009-present Professor, Department of Neuroscience, UT Southwestern
|Undergraduate||Southwest Missouri State University (1984), Biology|
|Graduate School||Southwest Missouri State University (1986), Biology|
|Graduate School||University of Kansas Medical Center (1991), Biochemistry|
- Circadian control of metabolism
- Molecular mechanisms of circadian rhythmicity
- Post-transcriptional regulatory mechanisms
- Competing E3 Ubiquitin Ligases Govern Circadian Periodicity by Degradation of CRY in Nucleus and Cytoplasm.
- Yoo SH, Mohawk JA, Siepka SM, Shan Y, Huh SK, Hong HK, Kornblum I, Kumar V, Koike N, Xu M, Nussbaum J, Liu X, Chen Z, Chen ZJ, Green CB, Takahashi JS Cell 2013 Feb 152 5 1091-105
- Kiss your tail goodbye: The role of PARN, Nocturnin, and Angel deadenylases in mRNA biology.
- Godwin AR, Kojima S, Green CB, Wilusz J Biochim. Biophys. Acta 2012 Dec
- Circadian control of mRNA polyadenylation dynamics regulates rhythmic protein expression.
- Kojima S, Sher-Chen EL, Green CB Genes Dev. 2012 Dec 26 24 2724-36
- Crystal structure of the heterodimeric CLOCK:BMAL1 transcriptional activator complex.
- Huang N, Chelliah Y, Shan Y, Taylor CA, Yoo SH, Partch C, Green CB, Zhang H, Takahashi JS Science 2012 Jul 337 6091 189-94
- Nocturnin: at the crossroads of clocks and metabolism.
- Stubblefield JJ, Terrien J, Green CB Trends Endocrinol. Metab. 2012 Jul 23 7 326-33
- Central and peripheral circadian clocks in mammals.
- Mohawk JA, Green CB, Takahashi JS Annu. Rev. Neurosci. 2012 35 445-62
- Nocturnin regulates circadian trafficking of dietary lipid in intestinal enterocytes.
- Douris N, Kojima S, Pan X, Lerch-Gaggl AF, Duong SQ, Hussain MM, Green CB Curr. Biol. 2011 Aug 21 16 1347-55
- Post-transcriptional control of circadian rhythms.
- Kojima S, Shingle DL, Green CB J. Cell. Sci. 2011 Feb 124 Pt 3 311-20
- Generation of a novel allelic series of cryptochrome mutants via mutagenesis reveals residues involved in protein-protein interaction and CRY2-specific repression.
- McCarthy EV, Baggs JE, Geskes JM, Hogenesch JB, Green CB Mol. Cell. Biol. 2009 Oct 29 20 5465-76
- The meter of metabolism
- Green, C.B., Takahashi, J.S. and Bass, J Cell 2008 134 2-16
Honors & Awards
- Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science
- The Karl Kirchgessner Foundation Research Award
- C.J. Herrick Award
Presented by The Anatomy Society for ?Outstanding Young Investigator in Comparative Neurology (1990)
- Society for Neuroscience
- Society for Research on Biological Rhythms