Dr. Carrick is an Associate Professor in the Department of Pathology, Division of Anatomic Pathology. She is a graduate of Eckerd College and of University of South Florida College of Medicine in Tampa, FL. She completed her residency training in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology at Parkland Health and Hospital System/UTSW and joined the faculty at UTSW in 2000. Dr. Carrick enjoys practicing in a variety of areas in surgical pathology and cytology but has a special interest in gynecologic pathology. She is the current Chair of the UTSW Medical Center Clinical Laboratories Best Practices/Peer Review Committee, and a co-director for the UTSW Department of Pathology's unique continuing medical education course, Current Issues in Surgical Pathology.
- Medical School
- University of South Florida College of Medicine (1995)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas (1996), Pathology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas (2000), Pathology
- Biopsy & Cytology Correlation
- Cervical/Endocervical Biopsies & Endometrial Curetting
- Comprehensive Immunohistochemical Markers including Prognostic Markers
- HPV Hybridization for Cervical & Vulvar Biopsies
- Identification & Quantitation of Infectious Organisms
- Prognostic Markers for Endometrial Carcinomas
- Gynecologic Pathology
- Expression and activation of the membrane-cytoskeleton protein ezrin during the normal endometrial cycle.
- Tan O, Ornek T, Fadiel A, Carrick KS, Arici A, Doody K, Carr BR, Naftolin F Fertil. Steril. 2012 Jan 97 1 192-9.e2
- Correlation of cone biopsy with findings at radical hysterectomy and use of adjuvant radiation therapy.
- Boren TP, Carrick K, Kehoe SM, Lea J, Miller DS, Richardson DL Gynecol. Oncol. 2011 Nov
- Anatomic relationships of the pudendal nerve branches.
- Montoya TI, Calver L, Carrick KS, Prats J, Corton MM Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 2011 Nov 205 5 504.e1-5
- Clinical, biochemical, and molecular characterization of macronodular adrenocortical hyperplasia of the zona reticularis: a new syndrome.
- Ghayee HK, Rege J, Watumull LM, Nwariaku FE, Carrick KS, Rainey WE, Miller WL, Auchus RJ J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 2011 Feb 96 2 E243-50
- Optimal location and orientation of suture placement in abdominal sacrocolpopexy.
- White AB, Carrick KS, Corton MM, McIntire DD, Word RA, Rahn DD, Wai CY Obstet Gynecol 2009 May 113 5 1098-103
- Virilization persists in a woman with an androgen-secreting granulosa cell tumor.
- Patel SS, Carrick KS, Carr BR Fertil. Steril. 2009 Mar 91 3 933.e13-5
- Dynamics of cervical remodeling during pregnancy and parturition: mechanisms and current concepts.
- Word RA, Li XH, Hnat M, Carrick K Semin. Reprod. Med. 2007 Jan 25 1 69-79
- Retrospective cohort study of surgical staging for ovarian low malignant potential tumors.
- Wingo SN, Knowles LM, Carrick KS, Miller DS, Schorge JO Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 2006 May 194 5 e20-2
- CD56 reactivity in small cell carcinoma of the uterine cervix.
- Albores-Saavedra J, Latif S, Carrick KS, Alvarado-Cabrero I, Fowler MR Int. J. Gynecol. Pathol. 2005 Apr 24 2 113-7
- Giant cell arteritis of the female genital tract: report of a case and review of the literature.
- Patel RK, Carrick K South. Med. J. 2005 Apr 98 4 469-71
Honors & Awards
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, FL (1995)
- College of American Pathologists
- United States & Canadian Academy of Pathology