Dr. Osman Ali completed residency training in general psychiatry at Weill Cornell's Payne Whitney Clinic in Manhattan and public psychiatry training at Columbia. He served as a Medical Director at Bellevue Hospital/NYU and is currently the Academic Medical Director for the Center for Education & Research, a collaborative project between Metrocare Services and the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center.
|Undergraduate||Cornell University (1994)|
|Medical School||University of Toledo (1999), Medicine|
- Public-academic partnerships: public psychiatry fellowships: a developing network of public-academic collaborations.
- Le Melle S, Mangurian C, Ali OM, Giggie MA, Hadley T, Lewis ME, Runnels P, Sowers W, Steiner JL, Trujillo M, Ranz JM Psychiatr Serv 2012 Sep 63 9 851-4
- The Imam's role in meeting the counseling needs of Muslim communities in the United States.
- Ali OM, Milstein G, Marzuk PM Psychiatr Serv 2005 Feb 56 2 202-5
- Traditional Mental Health Coping and Help-Seeking
- Ali O, Aboul-Fotouh F. 2012
- Mental Illness Recognition and Referral Practices Among Imams in the United States
- Osman M. Ali, M.D., Glen Milstein, Ph.D. Journal of Muslim Mental Health 2012 6 2 http://hdl.handle.net/2027/spo.10381607.0006.202
- Addressing Mental Health Issues Among American Muslims in the Military
- Ali O, Abu-ras W, Ansari B, Hamid H, Haque S, Mahmood O, Muhammad A, Naeem H, Nadir, A. 2010 Institute for Social Policy and Understanding
Honors & Awards
American Psychiatric Association (2012)
- Public Psychiatry Co-Chair (2009)
- President (2007-2008)
- Co-founder (2004)
- Member (2004)
- Member (1995)