- Medical School
- University of Miami School of Medicine (1970)
- Children's Medical Center (1971), Pediatrics
- Children's Medical Center (1972), Pediatrics
- Jackson Memorial Hospital (1972), Neurology
- University of Miami Hosp. & Clinics (1977), Genetics
- Delineation of candidate genes responsible for structural brain abnormalities in patients with terminal deletions of chromosome 6q27.
- Peddibhotla S, Nagamani SC, Erez A, Hunter JV, Holder Jr JL, Carlin ME, Bader PI, Perras HM, Allanson JE, Newman L, Simpson G, Immken L, Powell E, Mohanty A, Kang SH, Stankiewicz P, Bacino CA, Bi W, Patel A, Cheung SW Eur. J. Hum. Genet. 2014 Apr
- HERV-mediated genomic rearrangement of EYA1 in an individual with branchio-oto-renal syndrome.
- Sanchez-Valle A, Wang X, Potocki L, Xia Z, Kang SH, Carlin ME, Michel D, Williams P, Cabrera-Meza G, Brundage EK, Eifert AL, Stankiewicz P, Cheung SW, Lalani SR Am. J. Med. Genet. A 2010 Nov 152A 11 2854-60
- Heterogeneity in Wiedemann-Beckwith syndrome: anthropometric evidence.
- Moore ES, Ward RE, Escobar LF, Carlin ME Am. J. Med. Genet. 2000 Feb 90 4 283-90
- Parental origin of chromosome 5 deletions in the cri-du-chat syndrome.
- Overhauser J, McMahon J, Oberlender S, Carlin ME, Niebuhr E, Wasmuth JJ, Lee-Chen J Am. J. Med. Genet. 1990 Sep 37 1 83-6
- A form of X-linked mental retardation with marfanoid habitus.
- Lujan JE, Carlin ME, Lubs HA Am. J. Med. Genet. 1984 Jan 17 1 311-22
- Case report: partial trisomy 12p associated with 4p deletion due to paternal t(12p-;4p+) translocation.
- Carlin ME, Norman C Birth Defects Orig. Artic. Ser. 1978 14 6C 399-406
- A comparison between a trisomy 21 child (probably mosaic) with normal intelligence and a mosaic Down syndrome population.
- Carlin ME, Leon S, Gilbert JD Birth Defects Orig. Artic. Ser. 1978 14 6C 327-41
Honors & Awards
- Texas Super Doctors
Texas Monthly Magazine (2015)
- Who’s Who Amoung American Professional Women
- Roy Schmickel Young Investigator Award
NIH Biomedical Research Research Conference Grant for the 8th International Association for the Scientific study of Mental Deficiency (IASSMD) (1988)
- Outstanding Young Woman in America
Selected as Outstanding Young Woman in America (1979)
- Mountain States Regional Genetics Network (2005-2007)
- American Cleft Palate and Craniofacial Society (1995)
- Texas Medical Association (1993)
- American Fertility Society (1992-1994)
- American Medical Association (1992)
- Fort Worth Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology (1992-1994)
- Texas Genetics Network (1992-2000)
- American Society of Human Genetics (1980)