Dr. Kho joined the faculty at UT Southwestern in 2009 as an Assistant Professor in the Division of Gynecology in the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology. She completed a joint undergraduate and medical program at Rice University and Baylor College of Medicine in 2004. She also obtained a Masters in Public Health from the Harvard School of Public Health in 2004. Dr. Kho then went on to complete her residency at New York-Presbyterian Hospital, Columbia University Medical Center and a fellowship in advanced minimally invasive gynecologic surgery under Dr. Ceana Nezhat. Dr. Kho's clinical work focuses on advanced minimally invasive surgery for benign gynecologic disorders such as abnormal bleeding, endometriosis and fibroids. She completed an NIH supported Masters in Clinical Science in 2014 and conducts clinical research in the use of technology in gynecologic surgery, surgical complications, simulation and surgical education.
- Medical School
- Baylor College of Medicine (2004)
- New York Presbyterian Hospital Columbia University (2008), Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Atlanta Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery (2009), Gynecology
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Adnexal masses
- Chronic Pelvic Pain
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Robotic Surgery
- Surgical Education
- Intracorporeal electromechanical tissue morcellation: a critical review and recommendations for clinical practice.
- Kho KA, Anderson TL, Nezhat CH Obstet Gynecol 2014 Oct 124 4 787-93
- Evaluating the Risks of Electric Uterine Morcellation.
- Kho KA, Nezhat CH JAMA 2014 Feb
- Perforated Intraperitoneal Intrauterine Contraceptive Devices: Diagnosis, Management and Clinical Outcomes.
- Kho KA, Chamsy DJ J Minim Invasive Gynecol 2014 Jan
- Novel Port Placement and 5-mm Instrumentation for Robotic-Assisted Hysterectomy.
- Nezhat CH, Katz A, Dun EC, Kho KA, Wieser FA JSLS 2014 18 2 167-73
- Comparison of robotic and laparoscopic hysterectomy for benign gynecologic disease.
- Rosero EB, Kho KA, Joshi GP, Giesecke M, Schaffer JI Obstet Gynecol 2013 Oct 122 4 778-86
- Thoracic endometriosis: a case report.
- Chamsy DJ, Qasim S, Kho KA J Reprod Med 2012 Mar-Apr 57 3-4 178-80
- Iatrogenic myomas: new class of myomas?
- Nezhat C, Kho K J Minim Invasive Gynecol 2010 Sep-Oct 17 5 544-50
- Use of neutral argon plasma in the laparoscopic treatment of endometriosis.
- Nezhat C, Kho KA, Morozov V JSLS 2009 Oct-Dec 13 4 479-83
- Vaginal extraction of large uteri with the Alexis retractor.
- Kho KA, Shin JH, Nezhat C J Minim Invasive Gynecol 2009 Sep-Oct 16 5 616-7
- Parasitic myomas.
- Kho KA, Nezhat C Obstet Gynecol 2009 Sep 114 3 611-5
Minimally Invasive Surgery. In Williams Gynecology, 2nd Edition
Kho K, Thompson M (2012). New York, McGraw-Hill Professional
Laparoscopic Myomectomy. In Prevention & Management of Laparoendoscopic Surgical Complications, 3rd Edition.
Nezhat C, Kho K, Goldfarb H, Seidman D (2010). Society of Laparoscopic Surgeons
Honors & Awards
- UTSW Medical Student Core Clerkship Teaching Award
- UTSW Ob/Gyn Residency Outstanding Faculty Teaching Award
- AAGL Best Paper for New Instrumentation
- AAGL Kurt Semm Award for Excellence in Pelviscopy
- ACOG/Kenneth Gottesfeld-Charles Hohler Memorial Foundation Research Grant
- ASRM & Society of Reproductive Surgeons In Training Research Award
- Rice University Envision Grant Awardee
- Association of Professors of Obstetrics and Gynecology (2009)
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists (2007)
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (2004)