Dr. Siobhan Kehoe joined the Division of Gynecologic Oncology in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology in 2009 after completing fellowship training in gynecologic oncology at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York.
A graduate of SUNY Binghamton with majors in biology and anthropology, she attended Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine and completed her residency in obstetrics and gynecology at New York-Presbyterian Hospital Columbia Medical Center where she also served as chief administrative resident.
Dr. Kehoe’s clinical interests include the use of laparoscopic and robotic surgical techniques in the treatment of cervical, endometrial, and ovarian cancers as well as prophylactic surgical procedures for treatment of high-risk patients. She also participates in the cancer treatment protocols of the National Cancer Institute’s Gynecologic Oncology Group (GOG). She sees patients at the Harold C. Simmons Cancer Center.
Dr. Kehoe's research interests include studying biological cancer therapies, lymph node mapping, and endometrial cancer treatment. She is also interested in the postoperative outcomes of cancer surgery and has co-authored several papers on the subject.
Dr. Kehoe holds the Rosann and Richard Gutman Fund for Clinical Excellence and Career Enhancement.
- Medical School
- Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine (2001)
- Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center - NY (2005), Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center (2009), Gynecologic Oncology
- Vaginal Cancer
- Hormonal Therapy
- Immunotherapy Treatment
- Management of Side Effects of Chemotherapy
- Topical Therapy
- Gynecologic Robotic & Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Fertility-Sparing Surgery
- Bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy
- Pelvic Exenteration (Evisceration)
- Vulvectomy (Simple, Partial or Radical)
- Laser Surgery
- Biological Cancer Therapies
- Clinical Trials
- Endometrial Cancer Treatment
- Lymph Node Mapping
- Postoperative Surgical Outcomes
- Lymph node metastasis in endometrioid adenocarcinomas of the uterine corpus with occult cervical involvement.
- Boren T, Lea J, Kehoe S, Miller DS, Richardson D Gynecol. Oncol. 2012 Oct 127 1 43-6
- Correlation of cone biopsy with findings at radical hysterectomy and use of adjuvant radiation therapy.
- Boren TP, Carrick K, Kehoe SM, Lea J, Miller DS, Richardson DL Gynecol. Oncol. 2012 Mar 124 3 508-11
- Patterns of first recurrence following adjuvant intraperitoneal chemotherapy for stage IIIC ovarian cancer.
- Tanner EJ, Black DR, Zivanovic O, Kehoe SM, Dao F, Konner JA, Barakat RR, Lichtman SM, Levine DA Gynecol. Oncol. 2012 Jan 124 1 59-62
- The role of lymphadenectomy in endometrial cancer.
- Kehoe SM, Miller DS Clin Obstet Gynecol 2011 Jun 54 2 235-44
- Accuracy of Preoperative Endometrial Sampling Diagnosis of FICO Grade 1 Endometrial Adenocarcinoma
- Leitao MM, Kehoe SM, Barakat RR, Alektiar K, Gattoc LP, Rabbitt, C, Chi DS, Soslow RA, Abu-Rustum NR
- Upper Abdominal Surgical Procedures: Liver Mobilization and Diaphragm Peritonectomy/Resection, Splenectomy and Distal Pancreatectomy
- Kehoe SM, Eisenhauer EL, Chi DS
- Incidence of Intestinal Obstruction Following Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy for Ovarian Tubal and Peritoneal Malignancies
- Kehoe, SM, Yakubu R, Williams NL, Chi DS, Levine DA, Sabbatini PJ, Aghajanian CA, Barakat RR, Abu-Rustum NR
- Comparison of D&C and Office Endometrial Biopsy Accuracy in Patients with FIGO Grade 1 Endometrial Adenocarcinoma
- Leitao MM Jr., Kehoe SM, Barakat RR, Alektiar K, Gattoc LP, Rabbitt C, Chi DS, Soslow RA, Abu-Rustum NR
- Incidence and Management of Pancreatic Leaks After Splenectomy with Distal Pancreatectomy Performed During Primary Cytoreductive Surgery for Advanced Ovarian, Peritoneal and Fallopian Tube Cancer
- Kehoe SM, Eisenhauer EL, Abu-Rustum NR, Sonoda Y, D’Angelica M, Jarnagin WR, Barakat RR, Chi DS
- High-throughput mutation profiling of CTCL samples reveals KRAS and NRAS mutations sensitizing tumors toward inhibition of the RAS/RAF/MEK signaling cascade.
- Kiessling MK, Oberholzer PA, Mondal C, Karpova MB, Zipser MC, Lin WM, Girardi M, Macconaill LE, Kehoe SM, Hatton C, French LE, Garraway LA, Polier G, Süss D, Klemke CD, Krammer PH, Gülow K, Dummer R Blood 2011 Feb 117 8 2433-40
Honors & Awards
- Berlex Best Teaching Resident
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
- Alpha Sigma Nu Jesuit Honor Society