|Graduate School||Sweet Briar College , Physics|
|Medical School||Texas A & M University (1990), Medicine|
- Neuroimaging studies in addiction
- Pharmacologic treatments for addiction
- Treatment of chronic pain in patients with a history of addiction
- Striatal dopamine transporter availability with [123I]beta-CIT SPECT is unrelated to gender or menstrual cycle
- S. E. Best, P. M. Sarrel, R. T. Malison, M. Laruelle, S. S. Zoghbi, R. M. Baldwin, J. P. Seibyl, R. B. Innis, C. H. van Dyck Psychopharmacology 2005 183 181-189
- Resting Regional Cerebral Blood Flow and Gambling Task Performance in Cocaine-Dependent Subjects and Healthy Comparison Subjects
- B. Adinoff, M.D. Devous Sr., D.B. Cooper, S. E. Best, P. Chandler, T. Harris, C. A. Cervin, C. M. Cullum American Journal of Psychiatry 2003 160 1892-1894
- "Limbic Responsiveness to Procaine in Cocaine Addicted Subjects"
- B. Adinoff, M.D. Devous, S.E. Best, M.S. George, D. Alexander, K. Payne American Journal of Psychiatry 2001 158 390-398
- "Elevated striatal dopamine transporters during acute cocaine abstinence as measured by B-CIT SPECT"
- R.T. Malison, S.E. Best, C.H. van Dyck, E.F. McCane, E.A. Wallace, M. Laruelle, R.M. Baldwin, J.P. Seibyl, L.H. Price, T.R. Kosten, R.B. Innis American Journal of Psychiatry 1998 155 832-834
- "Opioid addiction: recent advances in detoxification and maintenance therapy"
- S.E. Best, A.H. Oliveto, and T.R. Kosten CNS Drugs 1996 6 301-314
Honors & Awards
- Outstanding Teaching for PGY2 Psychiatry Residents
- Outstanding Teacher for PGY1 Psychiatry Residents
- Alpha Omega Alpha (Eta Chapter)