- Appalachian State University (1999), Psychology
- Graduate School
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (2002), Psychology
- Graduate School
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (2007), Psychology
- Behavioral treatments for substance use disorders
- Mediators of treatment response
- Stress Moderates the Effect of Childhood Trauma and Adversity on Recent Drinking in Treatment-Seeking Alcohol-Dependent Men.
- Eames SF, Businelle MS, Suris A, Walker R, Rao U, North CS, Xiao H, Adinoff B J Consult Clin Psychol 2014 Mar
- Protective behavioral strategies mediate problem-focused coping and alcohol use in college students.
- Walker R, Stephens RS Addict Behav 2014 Feb
- Characteristics of mexican and mexican american adolescents in treatment for "cheese" heroin use.
- Walker R, Maxwell JC, Adinoff B, Carmody T, Coton CE, Tirado CF J Ethn Subst Abuse 2014 13 3 258-72
- Descriptive characteristics and cluster analysis of male veteran hazardous drinkers in an alcohol moderation intervention.
- Walker R, Hunt YM, Olivier J, Grothe KB, Dubbert PM, Burke RS, Cushman WC Am J Addict 2012 Jul-Aug 21 4 335-42
- Disseminating contingency management to increase attendance in two community substance abuse treatment centers: lessons learned.
- Walker R, Rosvall T, Field CA, Allen S, McDonald D, Salim Z, Ridley N, Adinoff B J Subst Abuse Treat 2010 Oct 39 3 202-9
- On the invariance of the Stimulant Craving Questionnaire (STCQ) across cocaine and methamphetamine users.
- Northrup TF, Green C, Walker R, Greer TL, Trivedi MH Addict Behav 2015 Mar 42 144-7
- Opioid withdrawal, craving, and use during and after outpatient buprenorphine stabilization and taper: a discrete survival and growth mixture model.
- Northrup TF, Stotts AL, Green C, Potter JS, Marino EN, Walker R, Weiss RD, Trivedi M Addict Behav 2015 Feb 41 20-8
- The Use of Technology in Participant Tracking and Study Retention: Lessons Learned from a Clinical Trials Network Study.
- Mitchell SG, Schwartz RP, Alvanzo AA, Weisman MS, Kyle TL, Turrigiano EM, Gibson ML, Perez L, McClure EA, Clingerman S, Froias A, Shandera DR, Walker R, Babcock DL, Bailey GL, Miele GM, Kunkel LE, Norton M, Stitzer ML Subst Abus 2015 Feb 0
- Comorbidities and Race/Ethnicity Among Adults with Stimulant Use Disorders in Residential Treatment.
- Sanchez K, Chartier KG, Greer TL, Walker R, Carmody T, Rethorst CD, Ring KM, Dela Cruz AM, Trivedi MH J Ethn Subst Abuse 2015 Jan 1-17
- Depressive Symptoms and Associated Clinical Characteristics in Outpatients Seeking Community-based Treatment for Alcohol and Drug Problems.
- Sanchez K, Walker R, Campbell AN, Greer TL, Hu MC, Grannemann BD, Nunes EV, Trivedi MH Subst Abus 2014 Aug 0
Honors & Awards
- NIDA Early Career Investigator Travel Award
- Chief Resident
- Magna Cum Laude
- Alpha Chi National Honor Society
- American Psychological Association Division 50: Society of Addiction Psychology (2014)
- Association for Psychological Science (2007)
- American Psychological Association (APA) (2003)
- Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies (2002-2005)