Dr. Tracey Wright is a graduate of Yale University and MCP Hahnemann School of Medicine. She completed her internship and residency in Pediatrics and fellowship in Pediatric Rheumatology at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. Her clinical and research interests relate to pediatric systemic lupus erythematosus and improving outcomes for children and adolescents with this disease. Dr. Wright has received the American College of Rheumatology Physician Scientist Development Award and a Research Supplement grant from the National Institute for Allergy, and Infectious Disease to study the relationship between SLE global and renal disease activity and gene expression. She is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Pediatrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center and practices at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children and Children’s Medical Center, Dallas.
- Medical School
- MCP Hahnemann School of Medicine (2001)
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2002), Pediatrics
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2004), Pediatrics
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2008), Pediatric Rheumatology
- Cardiovascular risk factors in pediatric SLE
- Health Disparities in pediatric rheumatic disease
- Improving outcomes in pediatric SLE
- Development of a Novel Renal Activity Index of Lupus Nephritis in Children and Young Adults.
- Brunner HI, Bennett MR, Abulaban K, Klein-Gitelman MS, O'Neil KM, Tucker L, Ardoin SP, Rouster-Stevens KA, Onel KB, Singer NG, Anne Eberhard B, Jung LK, Imundo L, Wright TB, Witte D, Rovin BH, Ying J, Devarajan P Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 2016 Jul 68 7 1003-11
- Personalized Immunomonitoring Uncovers Molecular Networks that Stratify Lupus Patients.
- Banchereau R, Hong S, Cantarel B, Baldwin N, Baisch J, Edens M, Cepika AM, Acs P, Turner J, Anguiano E, Vinod P, Khan S, Obermoser G, Blankenship D, Wakeland E, Nassi L, Gotte A, Punaro M, Liu YJ, Banchereau J, Rossello-Urgell J, Wright T, Pascual V Cell 2016 Jun 165 6 1548-1550
- Oxidized mitochondrial nucleoids released by neutrophils drive type I interferon production in human lupus.
- Caielli S, Athale S, Domic B, Murat E, Chandra M, Banchereau R, Baisch J, Phelps K, Clayton S, Gong M, Wright T, Punaro M, Palucka K, Guiducci C, Banchereau J, Pascual V J. Exp. Med. 2016 Apr
- Validation of the Lupus Nephritis Clinical Indices in Childhood-Onset Systemic Lupus Erythematosus.
- Mina R, Abulaban K, Klein-Gitelman MS, Eberhard BA, Ardoin SP, Singer N, Onel K, Tucker L, O'neil K, Wright T, Brooks E, Rouster-Stevens K, Jung L, Imundo L, Rovin B, Witte D, Ying J, Brunner HI Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 2016 Feb 68 2 195-202
- Development and retrospective validation of the juvenile spondyloarthritis disease activity (JSpADA) index.
- Weiss PF, Colbert RA, Xiao R, Feudtner C, Beukelman T, Morgan DeWitt E, Pagnini I, Wright TB, Wallace CA Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 2014 Jul
- IFN Priming Is Necessary but Not Sufficient To Turn on a Migratory Dendritic Cell Program in Lupus Monocytes.
- Rodriguez-Pla A, Patel P, Maecker HT, Rossello-Urgell J, Baldwin N, Bennett L, Cantrell V, Baisch J, Punaro M, Gotte A, Nassi L, Wright T, Palucka AK, Banchereau J, Pascual V J. Immunol. 2014 May
- TLR recognition of self nucleic acids hampers glucocorticoid activity in lupus.
- Guiducci C, Gong M, Xu Z, Gill M, Chaussabel D, Meeker T, Chan JH, Wright T, Punaro M, Bolland S, Soumelis V, Banchereau J, Coffman RL, Pascual V, Barrat FJ Nature 2010 Jun 465 7300 937-41
- Hypovitaminosis D is associated with greater body mass index and disease activity in pediatric systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Wright TB, Shults J, Leonard MB, Zemel BS, Burnham JM J. Pediatr. 2009 Aug 155 2 260-5
- Pediatric rheumatology for the adult rheumatologist II: uveitis in juvenile idiopathic arthritis.
- Wright T, Cron RQ J Clin Rheumatol 2007 Aug 13 4 205-10
Honors & Awards
- Dean's Leadership Emerging in Academic Departments (LEAD) Program Capstone Recognition Award
UT Southwestern (2013)
- Lupus Research Institute Master Class in Clinical Sciences
- Physician Scientist Development Award
American College of Rheumatology (2007)
- Paula de Merieux Rheumatology Fellowship Award
American College of Rheumatology (2006)
- MCP-Hahnemann School of Medicine
Alpha Omega Alpha (2001)
- Childhood Arthritis and Rheumatology Research Alliance (2007)
- American College of Rheumatology (2005)