Dr. Li received her Ph.D. from the University of Toledo in 2007. She was a research fellow at the University of Michigan and thereafter was recruited to UT Southwestern Medical Center, joining the Department of Internal Medicine in the Division of Digestive and Liver Disease. Dr. Li’s research interests lie in the filed of regulation of the inflammatory response and the role of COMMD proteins in intestinal inflammation.
- COMM domain-containing proteins (COMMDs)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Cooperation of TLR12 and TLR11 in the IRF8-Dependent IL-12 Response to Toxoplasma gondii Profilin.
- Raetz M, Kibardin A, Sturge CR, Pifer R, Li H, Burstein E, Ozato K, Larin S, Yarovinsky F J. Immunol. 2013 Sep
- CCDC22 deficiency in humans blunts activation of proinflammatory NF-?B signaling.
- Starokadomskyy P, Gluck N, Li H, Chen B, Wallis M, Maine GN, Mao X, Zaidi IW, Hein MY, McDonald FJ, Lenzner S, Zecha A, Ropers HH, Kuss AW, McGaughran J, Gecz J, Burstein E J. Clin. Invest. 2013 Apr
- The coactivator role of histone deacetylase 3 in IL-1-signaling involves deacetylation of p65 NF-?B.
- Ziesché E, Kettner-Buhrow D, Weber A, Wittwer T, Jurida L, Soelch J, Müller H, Newel D, Kronich P, Schneider H, Dittrich-Breiholz O, Bhaskara S, Hiebert SW, Hottiger MO, Li H, Burstein E, Schmitz ML, Kracht M Nucleic Acids Res. 2013 Jan 41 1 90-109
- Copper metabolism MURR1 domain containing 1 (COMMD1) regulates Cullin-RING ligases by preventing Cullin-associated NEDD8-dissociated (CAND1) binding.
- Mao X, Gluck N, Chen B, Starokadomskyy P, Li H, Maine GN, Burstein E The Journal of biological chemistry 2011 Jul 32355-65
- Regulation of NF-?B activity by competition between RelA acetylation and ubiquitination.
- Li H, Wittwer T, Weber A, Schneider H, Moreno R, Maine GN, Kracht M, Schmitz ML, Burstein E Oncogene 2011 Jun
- A bimolecular affinity purification method under denaturing conditions for rapid isolation of a ubiquitinated protein for mass spectrometry analysis.
- Maine GN, Li H, Zaidi IW, Basrur V, Elenitoba-Johnson KS, Burstein E Nat Protoc 2010 Aug 5 8 1447-59
- GCN5 is a required cofactor for a ubiquitin ligase that targets NF-kappaB/RelA.
- Mao X, Gluck N, Li D, Maine GN, Li H, Zaidi IW, Repaka A, Mayo MW, Burstein E Genes Dev. 2009 Apr 23 7 849-61
Honors & Awards
- The Seymour and Vivian Milstein Award
Travel award for ICIS 2004 Meeting (2004)
- International Cytokine and Interferon Research (2004)