- Graduate School
- Penn State University (1986), Exercise Physiology
- Dyspnea on exertion in obesity
- Exercise physiology
- Pulmonary function in aging
- Pulmonary function in obesity
- Sports medicine
- Ventilatory limits to performance
- Dyspnea on exertion in obese women: association with an increased oxygen cost of breathing.
- Babb TG, Ranasinghe KG, Comeau LA, Semon TL, Schwartz B Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 2008 Jul 178 2 116-23
- Obesity: associations with acute mountain sickness.
- Ri-Li G, Chase PJ, Witkowski S, Wyrick BL, Stone JA, Levine BD, Babb TG Ann. Intern. Med. 2003 Aug 139 4 253-7
- Weight Loss via Diet and Exercise Improves Exercise Breathing Mechanics in Obese Men.
- Babb TG, Wyrick BL, Chase PJ, Delorey DS, Rodder SG, Feng MY, Ranasinghe KG Chest 2011 Jan 454-60
- Short- and long-term modulation of the exercise ventilatory response.
- Babb TG, Wood HE, Mitchell GS Med Sci Sports Exerc 2010 Sep 42 9 1681-7
- Breathing mechanics during exercise with added dead space reflect mechanisms of ventilatory control.
- Wood HE, Mitchell GS, Babb TG Respir Physiol Neurobiol 2009 Sep 168 3 210-7
- Fat distribution and end-expiratory lung volume in lean and obese men and women.
- Babb TG, Wyrick BL, DeLorey DS, Chase PJ, Feng MY Chest 2008 Oct 134 4 704-11
Honors & Awards
- American Lung Association Career Investigator Award
- Effie and Wofford Cain Chair in Cardiopulmonary Research
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Physiological Society
- American Thoracic Society
- Institute for Exercise and Environmental Medicine, Presbyterian Hospital