Dr. Vigen is originally from Louisiana and received her initial medical training at LSU Health Sciences Center. After completion of her internal medicine residency training at UTSW, she completed a cardiovascular outcomes research fellowship and master’s degree in clinical sciences at the University of Colorado. In 2015, she completed her general cardiology fellowship at UTSW. Her areas of interest include general cardiology, imaging, and health services research.
- Medical School
- Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center (2008)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2009), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2011), Internal Medicine
- University of Colorado School of Medicine (2013), Cardiology
- Graduate School
- University of Colorado School of Medicine (2015), Clinical Science
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2015), Cardiovascular Disease
- Comparative Effectiveness Research
- Medication Safety
- Quality Improvement
- Hospital-level variation in angina and mortality at 1 year after myocardial infarction: insights from the Translational Research Investigating Underlying Disparities in Acute Myocardial Infarction Patients' Health Status (TRIUMPH) Registry.
- Vigen R, Spertus JA, Maddox TM, Ho PM, Jones PG, Arnold SV, Masoudi FA, Bradley SM Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 2014 Nov 7 6 851-6
- Keeping the genie in the bottle: growth hormone and cardiovascular disease.
- de Lemos JA, Vigen R J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2014 Oct 64 14 1461-3
- Association of testosterone therapy with mortality, myocardial infarction, and stroke in men with low testosterone levels.
- Vigen R, O'Donnell CI, Barón AE, Grunwald GK, Maddox TM, Bradley SM, Barqawi A, Woning G, Wierman ME, Plomondon ME, Rumsfeld JS, Ho PM JAMA 2013 Nov 310 17 1829-36
- Data quality of an electronic health record tool to support VA cardiac catheterization laboratory quality improvement: the VA Clinical Assessment, Reporting, and Tracking System for Cath Labs (CART) program.
- Byrd JB, Vigen R, Plomondon ME, Rumsfeld JS, Box TL, Fihn SD, Maddox TM Am. Heart J. 2013 Mar 165 3 434-40
- Aging of the United States population: impact on heart failure.
- Vigen R, Maddox TM, Allen LA Curr Heart Fail Rep 2012 Dec 9 4 369-74
- A comparison between antihypertensive medication adherence and treatment intensification as potential clinical performance measures.
- Vigen R, Shetterly S, Magid DJ, O'Connor PJ, Margolis KL, Schmittdiel J, Ho PM Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 2012 May 5 3 276-82
- Association of cardiorespiratory fitness with total, cardiovascular, and noncardiovascular mortality across 3 decades of follow-up in men and women.
- Vigen R, Ayers C, Willis B, DeFina L, Berry JD Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 2012 May 5 3 358-64
Honors & Awards
- Finalist, Young Investigator Award Competition
American Heart Association, Quality of Care and Outcomes Research (2012)
- American Heart Association (2010)