Fangyu Peng, M.D., Ph.D., is a physician-scientist who practices clinical nuclear medicine, with research interest in PET translational imaging and cancer therapy.
Dr. Peng is conducting translational research of inherited and acquired copper metabolism disorders in Wilson's disease, Alzheimer's disease, and traumatic brain injury.
Dr. Peng is studying copper metabolism as a theranostic target for molecular imaging and cancer therapy.
- Medical School
- Jiangxi Medical College (1982)
- Graduate School
- University of South Florida (1994), Medical Microbiology & Immunology
- Ball Memorial Hospital (1996), Hematopathology
- SUNY Upstate Medical University (1998), Pathology
- University of Connecticut Health Center (2000), Nuclear Medicine
- Hartford Hospital (2002), Anatomic Pathology
- Warren Grant Magnuson Clinical Center - NIH (2003), Nuclear Medicine
- Metabolic imaging of copper metabolism imbalance in Wilson's disease, Alzheimer's disease, and traumatic brain injury
- Targeting copper metabolism for molecular cancer imaging and therapy
- Ectopic Thyroid Tissue in the Mediastinum Characterized by Histology and Functional Imaging with I-123 SPECT/CT.
- Hummel J, Wachsmann J, Carrick K, Oz OK, Mathews D, Peng F Case Rep Radiol 2017 2017 9084207
- Asymmetric radiotracer activity of enlarged cerebral spinal fluid space on radionuclide cisternography with SPET/CT.
- Bulman JC, Wachsmann J, Peng F Hell J Nucl Med 2016 Nov
- Immune-mediated Disease in Ipilimumab Immunotherapy of Melanoma with FDG PET-CT.
- Wachsmann JW, Ganti R, Peng F Acad Radiol 2016 Nov
- Detection of Widespread Metastasis in a Case of Aggressive Carcinoma Showing Thymuslike Differentiation (CASTLE Disease) Using 18F-FDG PET/CT.
- Iyamu I, Wachsmann J, Truelson J, Mathews D, Peng F Clin Nucl Med 2015 Apr
- Alteration of Copper Fluxes in Brain Aging: A Longitudinal Study in Rodent Using 64CuCl2-PET/CT.
- Peng F, Xie F, Muzik O Aging Dis 2018 Feb 9 1 109-118
- Radiopharmaceuticals for Assessment of Altered Metabolism and Biometal Fluxes in Brain Aging and Alzheimer's Disease with Positron Emission Tomography.
- Xie F, Peng F J. Alzheimers Dis. 2017 Jun
- Age-dependent changes of cerebral copper metabolism in Atp7b (-/-) knockout mouse model of Wilson's disease by [(64)Cu]CuCl2-PET/CT.
- Xie F, Xi Y, Pascual JM, Muzik O, Peng F Metab Brain Dis 2017 Jan
- Molecular imaging and therapy targeting copper metabolism in hepatocellular carcinoma.
- Wachsmann J, Peng F World J. Gastroenterol. 2016 Jan 22 1 221-31
- Detection of Increased 64Cu uptake in Traumatic Brain Injury with 64CuCl2-PET/CT.
- Peng F, Muzik O, Gatson J, Kernie S, Diaz-Arrastia R J. Nucl. Med. 2015 Jun
- Reduced 64Cu Uptake and Tumor Growth Inhibition by Knockdown of Human Copper Transporter 1 in Xenograft Mouse Model of Prostate Cancer.
- Cai H, Wu JS, Muzik O, Hsieh JT, Lee RJ, Peng F J. Nucl. Med. 2014 Mar
Honors & Awards
- Chief Resident in Nuclear Medicine
University of Connecticut Health Center (1999-2000)
- American Society of Neurochemistry (2017)
- International Society to Advance Alzheimers Research and Treatment (2016)
- International Society for Neurochemistry (2015)
- American College of Nuclear Medicine (2014)
- Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging (1998)