Fangyu Peng, M.D., Ph.D., is a physician-scientist who practices clinical nuclear medicine, with research interest in PET translational imaging and cancer therapy.
Dr. Peng is conducting translational research of inherited and acquired copper metabolism disorders in Wilson's disease, Alzheimer's disease, and traumatic brain injury.
Dr. Peng is studying copper metabolism as a theranostic target for molecular imaging and cancer therapy.
- Medical School
- Jiangxi Medical College (1982)
- Graduate School
- University of South Florida (1994), Medical Microbiology & Immunology
- Ball Memorial Hospital (1996), Hematopathology
- SUNY Upstate Medical University (1998), Pathology
- University of Connecticut Health Center (2000), Nuclear Medicine
- Hartford Hospital (2002), Anatomic Pathology
- Warren Grant Magnuson Clinical Center - NIH (2003), Nuclear Medicine
- Metabolic imaging of copper metabolism imbalance in Wilson's disease, Alzheimer's disease, and traumatic brain injury
- Molecular imaging and cancer therapy targeting copper metabolism and circulating tumor cells
- Molecular imaging and therapy targeting copper metabolism in hepatocellular carcinoma.
- Wachsmann J, Peng F World J. Gastroenterol. 2016 Jan 22 1 221-31
- Positron emission tomography for measurement of copper fluxes in live organisms.
- Peng F Ann. N. Y. Acad. Sci. 2014 Mar
- Detection of Increased 64Cu uptake in Traumatic Brain Injury with 64CuCl2-PET/CT.
- Peng F, Muzik O, Gatson J, Kernie S, Diaz-Arrastia R J. Nucl. Med. 2015 Jun
- Detection of Widespread Metastasis in a Case of Aggressive Carcinoma Showing Thymuslike Differentiation (CASTLE Disease) Using 18F-FDG PET/CT.
- Iyamu I, Wachsmann J, Truelson J, Mathews D, Peng F Clin Nucl Med 2015 Apr
- Synthesis and Characterization of Her2-NLP Peptide Conjugates Targeting Circulating Breast Cancer Cells: Cellular Uptake and Localization by Fluorescent Microscopic Imaging.
- Cai H, Singh AN, Sun X, Peng F J Fluoresc 2015 Jan
- Reduced 64Cu Uptake and Tumor Growth Inhibition by Knockdown of Human Copper Transporter 1 in Xenograft Mouse Model of Prostate Cancer.
- Cai H, Wu JS, Muzik O, Hsieh JT, Lee RJ, Peng F J. Nucl. Med. 2014 Mar
- Knockdown of copper chaperone antioxidant-1 by RNA interference inhibits copper-stimulated proliferation of non-small cell lung carcinoma cells.
- Cai H, Peng F Oncol. Rep. 2013 Apr
- 2-NBDG Fluorescence Imaging of Hypermetabolic Circulating Tumor Cells in Mouse Xenograft model of Breast Cancer.
- Cai H, Peng F J Fluoresc 2013 Jan 23 1 213-20
- Positron emission tomography of copper metabolism in the Atp7b?/? knock-out mouse model of Wilson's disease.
- Peng F, Lutsenko S, Sun X, Muzik O Mol Imaging Biol 2012 Feb 14 1 70-8
- Positron Emission Tomography of Human Hepatocellular Carcinoma Xenografts in Mice Using Copper (II)-64 Chloride as a Tracer with Copper (II)-64 Chloride.
- Zhang H, Cai H, Lu X, Muzik O, Peng F Acad Radiol 2011 Dec 18 12 1561-8
- International Society to Advance Alzheimers Research and Treatment (2016)
- International Society for Neurochemistry (2015)
- American College of Nuclear Medicine (2014)
- Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging (1998)