Fangyu Peng, M.D., Ph.D., is a physician-scientist who practices clinical nuclear medicine, with research interest in PET translational imaging and cancer therapy.
Dr. Peng is conducting translational research of inherited and acquired copper metabolism disorders in Wilson's disease, Alzheimer's disease, and traumatic brain injury.
Dr. Peng is studying copper metabolism as a theranostic target for molecular imaging and cancer therapy.
|Medical School||Jiangxi Medical College (1982)|
|Graduate School||University of South Florida Program (1994), Nuclear Medicine|
|Fellowship||Ball Memorial Hospital (1996), Hematopathology|
|Residency||SUNY Upstate Medical University (1998), Pathology|
|Residency||University of Connecticut Health Center (2000), Nuclear Medicine|
|Residency||Hartford Hospital (2002), Anatomic Pathology|
|Fellowship||Warren Grant Magnuson Clinical Center - NIH (2003), Nuclear Medicine|
- Metabolic imaging of copper metabolism imbalance in Wilson's disease, Alzheimer's disease, and traumatic brain injury
- Molecular imaging and cancer therapy targeting copper metabolism
- Positron emission tomography for measurement of copper fluxes in live organisms.
- Peng F Ann. N. Y. Acad. Sci. 2014 Mar
- Reduced 64Cu Uptake and Tumor Growth Inhibition by Knockdown of Human Copper Transporter 1 in Xenograft Mouse Model of Prostate Cancer.
- Cai H, Wu JS, Muzik O, Hsieh JT, Lee RJ, Peng F J. Nucl. Med. 2014 Mar
- Knockdown of copper chaperone antioxidant-1 by RNA interference inhibits copper-stimulated proliferation of non-small cell lung carcinoma cells.
- Cai H, Peng F Oncol. Rep. 2013 Apr
- Positron emission tomography of copper metabolism in the Atp7b?/? knock-out mouse model of Wilson's disease.
- Peng F, Lutsenko S, Sun X, Muzik O Mol Imaging Biol 2012 Feb 14 1 70-8
- Positron Emission Tomography of Human Hepatocellular Carcinoma Xenografts in Mice Using Copper (II)-64 Chloride as a Tracer with Copper (II)-64 Chloride.
- Zhang H, Cai H, Lu X, Muzik O, Peng F Acad Radiol 2011 Dec 18 12 1561-8
- Imaging Copper Metabolism Imbalance in Atp7b (-/-) Knockout Mouse Model of Wilson's Disease with PET-CT and Orally Administered (64)CuCl (2).
- Peng F, Lutsenko S, Sun X, Muzik O Molecular imaging and biology : MIB : the official publication of the Academy of Molecular Imaging 2011 Dec
- Quantification of tryptophan transport and metabolism in lung tumors using PET.
- Juhász C, Muzik O, Lu X, Jahania MS, Soubani AO, Khalaf M, Peng F, Mangner TJ, Chakraborty PK, Chugani DC J. Nucl. Med. 2009 Mar 50 3 356-63
- Assessment of progression and treatment response of optic pathway glioma with positron emission tomography using alpha-[(11)C]methyl-L-tryptophan.
- Peng F, Juhasz C, Bhambhani K, Wu D, Chugani DC, Chugani HT Mol Imaging Biol 2007 May-Jun 9 3 106-9
- PET of human prostate cancer xenografts in mice with increased uptake of 64CuCl2.
- Peng F, Lu X, Janisse J, Muzik O, Shields AF J. Nucl. Med. 2006 Oct 47 10 1649-52
- Use of 2-deoxy-2-[F-18]-fluoro-D-glucose positron emission tomography to monitor therapeutic response by rhabdomyosarcoma in children: report of a retrospective case study.
- Peng F, Rabkin G, Muzik O Clin Nucl Med 2006 Jul 31 7 394-7
- Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging (1998-2014)