Dr. Katrina (Katie) Sardone is a Licensed Psychologist specializing in behavioral health intervention and resident training. Dr. Sardone received her doctorate in Clinical Psychology from UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas. She completed advanced training in behavioral health intervention, psychological assessment, psychotherapy, and resident education. Following her formal training, Dr. Sardone completed an APA-accredited postdoctoral fellowship at Children’s Medical Center Dallas where she specialized in providing behavioral health intervention to children and families managing medical, developmental, and emotional disorders. Dr. Sardone joined the Psychiatry and Family and Community Medicine Faculty in 2014 as Clinical Assistant Professor and Assistant Director of Behavioral Medicine.
- Diabetes Management
- Integrated Primary Care
- Perinatal Mood Disorders
- Associations of Parent-Adolescent Relationship Quality With Type 1 Diabetes Management and Depressive Symptoms in Latino and Caucasian Youth.
- Main A, Wiebe DJ, Croom AR, Sardone K, Godbey E, Tucker C, White PC J Pediatr Psychol 2014 Aug
- Depleted parental psychological resources as mediators of the association of income with adherence and metabolic control.
- Drew LM, Berg C, King P, Verdant C, Griffith K, Butler J, Wiebe DJ J Fam Psychol 2011 Oct 25 5 751-8
Honors & Awards
- Cultural Diversity Scholar
Children's Medical Center (2008-2009)
- Society of Teachers of Family Medicine (2014)
- Texas Psychological Association (2014)
- American Psychological Association (2010)
- Dallas Psychological Association (2010)
- Society of Behavioral Medicine (2010)