John M. Andersen, M.D., is a graduate of Austin College in Sherman, Texas, and University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (AOA). He completed his internship in Internal Medicine at Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, residency in Pediatrics at Children’s Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, and fellowship in Gastroenterology at University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. He served as Captain in the United States Air Force.
Dr. Andersen is presently Professor and Vice Chair of Clinical Operations, Department of Pediatrics, UT Southwestern, and Medical Director of the Liver Transplant Program at Children's Health.
Dr. Andersen’s interests include chronic abdominal pain, inflammatory bowel disease, liver disease, and liver transplantation.
- Medical School
- University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (1970)
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (1971), Medicine
- Children's Health (CMC) (1975), Pediatrics
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (HR) (1978), Gastroenterology
- Biliary Atresia
- Blue Rubber Bleb Nevus Syndrome
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Improved neurocognitive function after radiologic closure of congenital portosystemic shunts.
- Eroglu Y, Donaldson J, Sorensen LG, Vogelzang RL, Melin-Aldana H, Andersen J, Whitington PF J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2004 Oct 39 4 410-7
- Liver transplantation for cholestasis associated with cystic fibrosis in the pediatric population.
- Molmenti EP, Squires RH, Nagata D, Roden JS, Molmenti H, Fasola CG, Prestidge C, D'Amico L, Casey D, Sanchez EQ, Goldstein RM, Levy MF, Benser M, McPhail W, Andrews W, Andersen JA, Klintmalm GB Pediatr Transplant 2003 Apr 7 2 93-7
- Treatment of unresectable hepatoblastoma with liver transplantation in the pediatric population.
- Molmenti EP, Wilkinson K, Molmenti H, Roden JS, Squires RH, Fasola CG, Tomlinson G, Nagata DE, D'Amico L, Lopez MJ, Savino LM, Marubashi S, Sanchez EQ, Goldstein RM, Levy MF, Andrews W, Andersen JA, Klintmalm GB Am. J. Transplant. 2002 Jul 2 6 535-8
- Post-transplant lymphoproliferative syndrome in the pediatric liver transplant population.
- Molmenti EP, Nagata DE, Roden JS, Squires RH, Molmenti H, Fasola CG, Winick N, Tomlinson G, Lopez MJ, D'Amico L, Dyer HL, Savino AC, Sanchez EQ, Levy MF, Goldstein RM, Andersen JA, Klintmalm GB Am. J. Transplant. 2001 Nov 1 4 356-9
- Chronic subcutaneous octreotide decreases gastrointestinal blood loss in blue rubber-bleb nevus syndrome.
- Gonzalez D, Elizondo BJ, Haslag S, Buchanan G, Burdick JS, Guzzetta PC, Hicks BA, Andersen JM J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2001 Aug 33 2 183-8
- Pediatric liver transplantation for cystic fibrosis.
- Molmenti E, Nagata D, Roden J, Squires R, Molmenti H, Casey D, Prestidge C, McPhail W, Sanchez E, Goldstein R, Levy M, Fasola C, Andrews W, D'Amico L, Benser M, Emert L, Andersen J, Klintmalm G Transplant. Proc. 2001 Feb-Mar 33 1-2 1738
- Incidence, management, and outcome of posttransplant lymphoproliferative disease in pediatric liver transplant recipients.
- Molmenti EP, Nagata D, Roden J, Squires R, Molmenti H, Casey D, Fasola C, Lopez MJ, Winick N, McPhail W, D'Amico L, Goldstein R, Levy M, Fasola C, Andersen J, Klintmalm G Transplant. Proc. 2001 Feb-Mar 33 1-2 1727
- Liver transplantation for hepatoblastoma in the pediatric population.
- Molmenti EP, Nagata D, Roden J, Squires R, Molmenti H, Casey D, Fasola C, Tomlinson G, Ratliff A, D'Amico L, Marubashi S, McCreight A, Jung GJ, Goldstein R, Levy M, Andrews W, McPhail W, Emert L, Andersen J, Klintmalm G Transplant. Proc. 2001 Feb-Mar 33 1-2 1749
Honors & Awards
- Best Doctors in Dallas - Pediatric Gastroenterology, D Magazine
- Top Doctors in North Texas, Dallas Morning News
- Advisor, ChildCare Group
Dallas, Texas (2013)
- Board of Trustees, Child Care Group
Dallas, Texas (2012-2013)
- Phi Beta Kappa Induction
Iota Chapter of Texas at Austin College, Sherman, TX (2012)
- Best Pediatric Specialists in Dallas, D Magazine
- Best Pediatricians in Dallas, D Magazine
- IBC's Top 100 Health Professionals
- Texas Super Doctors, Texas Monthly Magazine
- Top Doctors, Castle Connolly
- Best Doctors in America
- Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA), University of Pennsylvania
- Member, Phi Beta Kappa Iota Chapter, Austin College (2012)
- Dallas County Medical Society (1983)
- Texas Medical Association (1983)
- Society for Pediatric Research (1982-2010)
- American Gastroenterologic Association (1979)
- North American Society of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (1979)
- Member, Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA), University of Pennsylvania (1969)