Robin H. Amirkhan, M.D. is Chief, Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Service, Veterans Affairs North Texas Health Care System and was appointed to the position in October of 2007. Prior to that, she served as Acting Chief from August, 2005 to July, 2006 and July 2007 to October 2007. She was a staff Pathologist and Director of Microbiology at the Veterans Affairs Medical Center since 1996.
Dr. Amirkhan attended the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School from 1987 to 1991. She spent her pathology residency at Parkland Memorial from 1991 to 1995 and then she became Chief Resident in 1995. Dr. Amirkhan also completed her Surgical Pathology Fellowship at UT Southwestern Medical Center. In 1996 she received Board Certification by the American Board of Pathology in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology. She received additional subspeciality Board Certification from the American Board of Pathology in Medical Microbiology in 1999.
Dr. Amirkhan served as an Assistant Professor from 1996 to 2003; as an Associate Professor from 2003 to 2010; and was promoted to Professor of Pathology, UT Southwestern Medical Center, in 2010.
- Medical School
- University of Texas Southwestern Med Ctr Dallas (1991)
- Molecular genetics of lung cancer and; male breast disease.
- ERCC1 expression and outcomes in head and neck cancer treated with concurrent cisplatin and radiation.
- Hayes M, Lan C, Yan J, Xie Y, Gray T, Amirkhan RH, Dowell JE Anticancer Res. 2011 Dec 31 12 4135-9
- Intestinal and oncocytic variants of pancreatic intraepithelial neoplasia. A morphological and immunohistochemical study.
- Albores-Saavedra J, Wu J, Crook T, Amirkhan RH, Jones L, Hruban RH Ann Diagn Pathol 2005 Apr 9 2 69-76
- Survival in small cell lung cancer is independent of tumor expression of VEGF and COX-2.
- Dowell JE, Amirkhan RH, Lai WS, Frawley WH, Minna JD Anticancer Res. 2004 Jul-Aug 24 4 2367-73
- Inhibin alpha distinguishes hemangioblastoma from clear cell renal cell carcinoma.
- Hoang MP, Amirkhan RH Am. J. Surg. Pathol. 2003 Aug 27 8 1152-6
- Fatal ergotism induced by an HIV protease inhibitor.
- Tribble MA, Gregg CR, Margolis DM, Amirkhan R, Smith JW Headache 2002 Jul-Aug 42 7 694-5
- Effectiveness and safety of image-directed biopsies: coaxial technique versus conventional fine-needle aspiration.
- Appelbaum AH, Kamba TT, Cohen AS, Qaisi WG, Amirkhan RH South. Med. J. 2002 Feb 95 2 212-7
- The diagnostic accuracy of mammography in the evaluation of male breast disease.
- Evans GF, Anthony T, Turnage RH, Schumpert TD, Levy KR, Amirkhan RH, Campbell TJ, Lopez J, Appelbaum AH Am. J. Surg. 2001 Feb 181 2 96-100
- Survival in small cell lung carcinoma is independent of Bcl-2 expression.
- Maitra A, Amirkhan RH, Saboorian MH, Frawley WH, Ashfaq R Hum. Pathol. 1999 Jun 30 6 712-7
- Mammographic appearances of male breast disease.
- Appelbaum AH, Evans GF, Levy KR, Amirkhan RH, Schumpert TD Radiographics 1999 May-Jun 19 3 559-68
- Clinical, biochemical, and morphologic investigations of a case of long-chain 3-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydrogenase deficiency.
- Amirkhan RH, Timmons CF, Brown KO, Weinberger MJ, Bennett MJ Arch. Pathol. Lab. Med. 1997 Jul 121 7 730-4
- American Society for Clinical Pathology (2012)
- American Society for Microbiology (2012)
- College of American Pathologists (2012)
- Dallas County Medical Society (2012)
- Southwest Association of Clinical Microbiologists (2012)
- Texas Medical Association (2012)
- Texas Society for Clinical Microbiology (2012)
- Texas Society of Pathologists (2012)
- United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology (2012)