|Undergraduate||Stephen F Austin State University (1997), Biology|
|Graduate School||Stephen F Austin State University (1999), Biology|
|Medical School||University of Texas Medical School at Houston (2004)|
- GI pathology, molecular diagnostics
- Autocrine VEGF Signaling Promotes Proliferation of Neoplastic Barrett's Epithelial Cells Through a PLC-Dependent Pathway.
- Zhang Q, Yu C, Peng S, Xu H, Wright E, Zhang X, Huo X, Cheng E, Pham TH, Asanuma K, Hatanpaa KJ, Rezai D, Wang DH, Sarode V, Melton S, Genta RM, Spechler SJ, Souza RF Gastroenterology 2013 Oct
- Clinical implications of histologic abnormalities in colonic biopsy specimens from patients with ulcerative colitis in clinical remission.
- Feagins LA, Melton SD, Iqbal R, Dunbar KB, Spechler SJ Inflamm. Bowel Dis. 2013 Jun 19 7 1477-82
- Histopathologic diagnosis of eosinophilic conditions in the gastrointestinal tract.
- Hurrell JM, Genta RM, Melton SD Adv Anat Pathol 2011 Sep 18 5 335-48
- Eosinophilic gastritis: histopathological characterization and quantification of the normal gastric eosinophil content.
- Lwin T, Melton SD, Genta RM Mod. Pathol. 2011 Apr 24 4 556-63
- Ileal biopsy: Clinical indications, endoscopic and histopathologic findings in 10,000 patients.
- Melton SD, Feagins LA, Saboorian MH, Genta RM Dig Liver Dis 2011 Mar 43 3 199-203
- Absence of focally enhanced gastritis in macaques with idiopathic colitis.
- Sonnenberg A, Melton SD, Genta RM, Lewis AD Inflammatory bowel diseases 2011 Mar
- Frequent occurrence of gastritis and duodenitis in patients with inflammatory bowel disease.
- Sonnenberg A, Melton SD, Genta RM Inflamm. Bowel Dis. 2011 Jan 17 1 39-44
- Gastric cardiac polyps: a clinicopathologic study of 330 cases.
- Melton SD, Genta RM Am. J. Surg. Pathol. 2010 Dec 34 12 1792-7
- Biomarkers and molecular diagnosis of gastrointestinal and pancreatic neoplasms.
- Melton SD, Genta RM, Souza RF Nat Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol 2010 Nov 7 11 620-8
- Acid and bile salt-induced CDX2 expression differs in esophageal squamous cells from patients with and without Barrett's esophagus.
- Huo X, Zhang HY, Zhang XI, Lynch JP, Strauch ED, Wang JY, Melton SD, Genta RM, Wang DH, Spechler SJ, Souza RF Gastroenterology 2010 Jul 139 1 194-203.e1
Honors & Awards
- North Texas Society of Pathology
- ACG Presidential Poster Award
American College of Gastroenterology Annual Scientific Meeting, San Antonio, TX. (2010)
- First Place, Poster Competition
25th Annual John R. Rainey, MD, Residents'/Fellows' Seminar. 89th Annual Meeting for the Texas Society of Pathologists, Galveston, TX (2010)
- GIPS Abstract Award
Rodger C. Haggitt Gastrointestinal Pathology Society, 99th Annual Meeting for the United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology, Washington, DC. (2010)
- VA North Texas Health Care System (2010)