- Medical School
- University of Melbourne (1991)
- Austin Hospital, Melbourne (1993), Pediatrics
- Royal Children's Hospital, Melbourne (1995), Pediatrics
- Royal Children's Hospital, Melbourne (1999), Pediatrics & Child Health
- Children's Hospital Boston - Pediatric Cardiology (2002), Pediatric Cardiology
- Biodegradable Stents for Structural Heart Disease.
- Fetal Interventions
- Randomized trial of cutting balloon compared with high-pressure angioplasty for the treatment of resistant pulmonary artery stenosis.
- Bergersen L, Gauvreau K, Justino H, Nugent A, Rome J, Kreutzer J, Rhodes J, Nykanen D, Zahn E, Latson L, Moore P, Lock J, Jenkins K Circulation 2011 Nov 124 22 2388-96
- Stent fractures in congenital heart disease.
- Breinholt JP, Nugent AW, Law MA, Justino H, Mullins CE, Ing FF Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2008 Dec 72 7 977-82
- Clinical features and outcomes of childhood dilated cardiomyopathy: results from a national population-based study.
- Daubeney PE, Nugent AW, Chondros P, Carlin JB, Colan SD, Cheung M, Davis AM, Chow CW, Weintraub RG Circulation 2006 Dec 114 24 2671-8
- Device closure rates of simple atrial septal defects optimized by the STARFlex device.
- Nugent AW, Britt A, Gauvreau K, Piercey GE, Lock JE, Jenkins KJ J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2006 Aug 48 3 538-44
- Endovascular stenting of obstructed right ventricle-to-pulmonary artery conduits: a 15-year experience.
- Peng LF, McElhinney DB, Nugent AW, Powell AJ, Marshall AC, Bacha EA, Lock JE Circulation 2006 Jun 113 22 2598-605
- The epidemiology of childhood cardiomyopathy in Australia.
- Nugent AW, Daubeney PE, Chondros P, Carlin JB, Cheung M, Wilkinson LC, Davis AM, Kahler SG, Chow CW, Wilkinson JL, Weintraub RG N. Engl. J. Med. 2003 Apr 348 17 1639-46
- Bench and initial preclinical results of a novel 8 mm diameter double opposed helical biodegradable stent.
- Herbert CE, Veeram Reddy S, Welch TR, Wang J, Richardson JA, Forbess JM, Nugent AW Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2016 Jul
- Thermally processed polymeric microparticles for year-long delivery of dexamethasone.
- Goodfriend AC, Welch TR, Nguyen KT, Johnson RF, Sebastian V, Reddy SV, Forbess J, Nugent A Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl 2016 Jan 58 595-600
- Use of nesiritide in critically ill children with biventricular dysfunction suffering from oliguria despite standard heart-failure management.
- Das BB, Koch J, Dimas V, Guleserian K, Nugent A Cardiol Young 2015 Dec 1-5
- Sudden death in childhood cardiomyopathy: results from a long-term national population-based study.
- Bharucha T, Lee KJ, Daubeney PE, Nugent AW, Turner C, Sholler GF, Robertson T, Justo R, Ramsay J, Carlin JB, Colan SD, King I, Weintraub RG, Davis AM J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2015 Jun 65 21 2302-10
Diagnostic and Therapeutic Cardiac Catheterization. In Fuhrman BP, Zimmerman JJ, eds. Pediatric Critical Care. 3rd ed.
Nugent A, Laussen PC. (2006). St. Louis, MO: Mosby Inc
Catheter intervention. In Daubeney P, Rigby M, Gatzoulis M, Niwa K, eds. Pediatric Heart Disease: A Clinical Guide.
Nugent AW. (2012). Oxford: Wiley-Blackwell; 246-251.
Congenital heart disease. In Mukherjee D, Cho L, Moliterno DJ, eds. 900 Questions: An International Cardiology Board Review.
Jefferies JL, Nihill MR, Nugent AW. (2007). Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 244-253.
Honors & Awards
- Texas Super Doctors
Texas Monthly Magazine (2016)
- Best Pediatrics Specialists
D Magazine (2011)
- Best Doctors in America
- American College of Cardiology
- American Heart Association
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Pediatric Society of Greater Dallas
- Royal Australasian College of Physicians
- Texas Medical Association