Internal Medicine‑Univ. of North Carolina, North
Carolina Memorial Hospital, Chapel Hill, NC (1967‑68)
General Surgery:Univ. of Texas Southwestern Medical
School/Affiliated Hospitals, Dallas, TX (1970‑74)
Plastic Surgery : New York University, 1974-1976
Past Chairman, Division of Plastic Surgery, UT Southwestern Medical Center 1977-1991
Consultation telephone number : 214- 821-9355
Consultation office: 4311 Oak Lawn Ave, Suite 380
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1967)
- University of NC Hospital (1968), Internal Medicine
- Parkland Memorial Hospital (1974), General Surgery
- The Viscoelastic Properties of the SMAS and its Clinical Translation: Firm Support for the High SMAS Rhytidectomy.
- Trussler AP, Hatef D, Broussard GB, Brown S, Barton FE Plastic and reconstructive surgery 2011 May 757-64
- TUNEL assay to characterize acute histopathological injury following treatment with the active and deep FX fractional short-pulse CO2 devices.
- Farkas JP, Richardson JA, Brown SA, Ticker B, Walgama E, Burrus CF, Hoopman JE, Barton FE, Kenkel JM Aesthet Surg J 2010 Jul-Aug 30 4 603-13
- The frontal branch of the facial nerve across the zygomatic arch: anatomical relevance of the high-SMAS technique.
- Trussler AP, Stephan P, Hatef D, Schaverien M, Meade R, Barton FE Plast. Reconstr. Surg. 2010 Apr 125 4 1221-9
- Aesthetic surgery of the face and neck.
- Barton FE Aesthet Surg J 2009 Nov-Dec 29 6 449-63; quiz 464-6
- Transfer of calibrations for barley quality from dispersive instrument to Fourier transform near-infrared instrument.
- Sohn M, Himmelsbach DS, Barton FE, de Haseth JA Appl Spectrosc 2009 Oct 63 10 1190-6
- The role of toxins and fillers in perioral rejuvenation.
- Barton FE, Carruthers J, Coleman S, Graivier M Aesthet Surg J 2007 Nov-Dec 27 6 632-40
- Fat extrusion and septal reset in patients with the tear trough triad: a critical appraisal.
- Barton FE, Ha R, Awada M Plast. Reconstr. Surg. 2004 Jun 113 7 2115-21; discussion 2122-3
- The high-superficial musculoaponeurotic system technique in facial rejuvenation: an update.
- Barton FE, Hunt J Plast. Reconstr. Surg. 2003 Dec 112 7 1910-7
- Safety and efficacy in an accredited outpatient plastic surgery facility: a review of 5316 consecutive cases.
- Byrd HS, Barton FE, Orenstein HH, Rohrich RJ, Burns AJ, Hobar PC, Haydon MS Plast. Reconstr. Surg. 2003 Aug 112 2 636-41; discussion 642-6
- The "high SMAS" face lift technique.
- Barton FE Aesthet Surg J 2002 Sep 22 5 481-6
Barton, FE Jr (2008). St Louis, MO, Quality Medical Publications
Barton FE Jr. Facelift: SMAS with the Skin Attached ? One Plane Composite. In Aesthetic Surgery
Barton, FE Jr (2012). London, Elsevier
High SMAS Facelift with Orbicularis Redraping and Septal Reset.. In The Art of Aesthetic Surgery.
Barton, FE Jr (2011). St Louis, MO, Quality Medical Publishers
Honors & Awards
- Career Achievement Award
American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (2013)